riverside, california

brownwrap

Sep 11, 2003
i live in the riverside area, moreno valley to be exact, and looking for a cycling partner.

Originally posted by brownwrap
i live in the riverside area, moreno valley to be exact, and looking for a cycling partner.

Kind of a moot point with all the smoke around. I live near Lake Matthews and ride up and down the roads in Gavilan Hills (Lake Matthews Estates Dr. and around that area). I haven't ventured much beyond that 'cause I like riding in the hills. Last Sat. was OK, but there's way too much smoke now. Where do you ride?

Originally posted by SoCalCruising
Kind of a moot point with all the smoke around. I live near Lake Matthews and ride up and down the roads in Gavilan Hills (Lake Matthews Estates Dr. and around that area). I haven't ventured much beyond that 'cause I like riding in the hills. Last Sat. was OK, but there's way too much smoke now. Where do you ride?

i ride in moreno valley. i'm pretty slow though.

greg

Originally posted by brownwrap
i ride in moreno valley. i'm pretty slow though.

greg

I was just checking - the Riverside Bicycle CLub (http://www.riversidebicycleclub.org/) has regular rides. It looks like they have different skill levels/distances/paces to choose from. Might be worth looking into.

I've been riding alone while getting back in condition. I rode a lot in college and for a few years after, but have had a long layoff. Doing better now, though.

If you want to mix some hills into your ride, we can meet and do my Gavilan Hills ride. I usually do 35 mi. on Saturdays, or sometimes on a Friday. If the smoke's not too bad, I'll be out this weekend. Want to give it a try?