"RMan"

Originally posted by Hippy

Which grade are you racing? I have the most honed ability to totally forget someone I've just met
and to not recognise people when they change clothes, helmet, bike, glasses, watch, deodorant,
religion.. ;-)

hippy

So is that why you totally ignored me down at the track a couple of weeks ago? *sulks* ;)

"Etxy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YHE%b.70048
> Hippy wrote:
> > Which grade are you racing? I have the most honed ability to totally forget someone I've just
> > met and to not recognise people when they change clothes, helmet, bike, glasses, watch,
> > deodorant, religion..
;-)
> > hippy
>
> So is that why you totally ignored me down at the track a couple of weeks ago? *sulks* ;)

Ahhh! It WAS you! :p

Man, I stared at you and you didn't nod, wink, mumble or anything so I thought to myself "oops, not
Etxy, how embarassment!". I couldn't remember your name too so I couldn't go: "Oi! <realname>". Oh
well, told you I suck with names. ;-)

Sorry man! Damn! I knew it was you! :)

Now it's my turn... How come you haven't been at the last two METEC crits? (maybe you have and I've
snobbed you off again - hope not!).

bad hippy

"Etxy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YHE%b.70048
> Hippy wrote:
> > Which grade are you racing? I have the most honed ability to totally forget someone I've just
> > met and to not recognise people when they change clothes, helmet, bike, glasses, watch,
> > deodorant, religion..
;-)
> > hippy
>
> So is that why you totally ignored me down at the track a couple of weeks ago? *sulks* ;)

Ahhh! It WAS you! :p

Man, I stared at you and you didn't nod, wink, mumble or anything so I thought to myself "oops, not
Etxy, how embarassment!". I couldn't remember your name too so I couldn't go: "Oi! <realname>". Oh
well, told you I suck with names. ;-)

Sorry man! Damn! I knew it was you! :)

Now it's my turn... How come you haven't been at the last two METEC crits? (maybe you have and I've
snobbed you off again - hope not!).

bad hippy

Dude, I waved at you and said G'day Stu! :rolleyes: I'll drop by this thursday, just so I can say hello :p The sacrifices I make... *mutters rabidly*

I haven't been at the last couple of METEC crits because of two reasons. A) Profound lack of money, what with a new bike and all and B) Profound laziness. I might head on down soonish... :)

"Etxy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:QkH%b.45003
> Dude, I waved at you and said G'day Stu! :rolleyes: I'll drop by this thursday, just so I can say
> hello :p The sacrifices I make... *mutters rabidly*

You did? I must've been in that other world I visit after trying to ride fast :) Again, sorry..
I'll try and acknowledge you next time. hehe! ;-)

> I haven't been at the last couple of METEC crits because of two reasons.
> A) Profound lack of money, what with a new bike and all and B) Profound laziness. I might head on
> down soonish... :)

Come on - it's only $5! Get yourself a higher paying job or something :)

hippy

Come on - it's only $5! Get yourself a higher paying job or something :)

I've already got 2 jobs, still paying off my bike, trying to fit training in with music, and doing the first year of VCE... gimme a break already! :D ;)

Seriously, though, I'll head on down eventually; when I think I'll be able to stick with D grade. :p

So, is the jacket finally in your hot little hands?

<praying> "please let it be so..." </praying>

hippy

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> So, is the jacket finally in your hot little hands?
>
> <praying> "please let it be so..." </praying>
>
> hippy

hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never bet wet again.

RMan

"rickster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never
bet wet again.

Cool! Sorry about the delay :) I was tempted to go back to the desk and borrow it for our post-race
ride, when it started pishing down... :) How was your race? Most of the C grade field was lapped by
5 uhem "significantly stronger" riders... grr.

hippy

"rickster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never
bet wet again.

Cool! Sorry about the delay :) I was tempted to go back to the desk and borrow it for our post-race
ride, when it started pishing down... :) How was your race? Most of the C grade field was lapped by
5 uhem "significantly stronger" riders... grr.

hippy

Looks like Barton has been upgraded to B grade as per the race report on the Carnegie Caulfield website. http://www.carnegiecycling.com.au/race_reports/29Feb04.html.
Why is it that only the winner is upgraded when when all three riders ended up lapping the field? Were you guys going reasonably hard after they got away or did you lose the impetus to go hard?

"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Looks like Barton has been upgraded to B grade as per the race report
on
> the Carnegie Caulfield website.

Sounds that way. I didn't even get a mention! I did just as much work out the front as
Carl.. no fair!

> http://www.carnegiecycling.com.au/race_reports/29Feb04.html. Why is it that only the winner is
> upgraded when when all three riders ended up lapping the field?

No idea. Carnegie don't seem too concerned about grading. It seems to me that you can put yourself
into any grade you want. Like the C grader moving into A in order to get bonus points for some bike
prize they are offering? Makes you wanna enter D. If I want to just kill myself on a ride, I can
save $10 and jump onto a fast Beach Rd. bunch...

> Were you guys going reasonably hard after they got away or did you lose the impetus to go hard?

Carl and I were doing big turns and Rick and Gemma did some turns as well. I kept surging off the
front (I found out after the race that this was bad) and kept dropping the rest of the bunch.
Basically I cained myself trying to get onto a bunch that ended up lapping us.. not happy. This race
was going to be a placing for
me...

hippy

I kept surging off the front (I found out after the race that this was bad) and kept dropping the rest of the bunch.

Yeah, people accelerating hard when the guy in front of them pulls over is always bad do do. It stuffs up the rest of the bunch having to surge all the time. Rolling over should be as smooth as possible.

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "rickster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never
> bet wet again.
>
> Cool! Sorry about the delay :)

Hey no probs. No need to apologise.

> I was tempted to go back to the desk and borrow it for our post-race ride, when it started pishing
> down... :) How was your race? Most of the C grade field was lapped by 5 uhem "significantly
> stronger" riders... grr.
>
Yeah they were awfully strong weren't they ?

B grade got split down the middle when the rain came and a dozen or so of us rode it out for a bunch
kick, where I msut have finished a respectable 11th !!

"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:m%[email protected]...
> Hippy wrote:
> > I kept surging off the front (I found out after the race that this was bad) and kept dropping
> > the rest of the bunch.
>
> Yeah, people accelerating hard when the guy in front of them pulls over is always bad do do. It
> stuffs up the rest of the bunch having to surge all the time. Rolling over should be as smooth as
> possible.

I learn something new every race...

<mantra> maintain a constant speed... maintain a constant speed... maintain a constant speed...
maintain a constant speed... </mantra>

hippy