Road bar to mtn bar shim 22.2/26mm two half shims

ddog

Guest
This is actually for mixing companies for a lift kit to aerobar, but
this seemed like a possible conversion use (Road to Mtn bar
conversion). All I can find is a 2 shim solution, which is not the best
if a solution at all: 22.2/25.4 and 25.4/26 mm shims.

Any valid solutions suggested would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ddog wrote:
> This is actually for mixing companies for a lift kit to aerobar, but
> this seemed like a possible conversion use (Road to Mtn bar
> conversion). All I can find is a 2 shim solution, which is not the best
> if a solution at all: 22.2/25.4 and 25.4/26 mm shims.
>
> Any valid solutions suggested would be appreciated.

yes, don't do it. get a 31.8mm stem and 31.8mm flat bar.

jim beam wrote:
> ddog wrote:
> > This is actually for mixing companies for a lift kit to aerobar, but
> > this seemed like a possible conversion use (Road to Mtn bar
> > conversion). All I can find is a 2 shim solution, which is not the best
> > if a solution at all: 22.2/25.4 and 25.4/26 mm shims.
> >
> > Any valid solutions suggested would be appreciated.

> yes, don't do it. get a 31.8mm stem and 31.8mm flat bar.

Thanks Jim. I'll look into that.

Jim,

Think I will punt and finally just go threadless stem conversion,
adjustable 31.8 stem, and 31.8 handlebars (for grip carpal tunnel
relief like I think you are suggesting for).

If I later need this 1" lift kit added to aerobars over low bars, I'll
just get 2 shims and put a small flathead screw threw both shims and
lift bracket to hold fast.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Phil Bailey

ddog wrote:
> This is actually for mixing companies for a lift kit to aerobar, but
> this seemed like a possible conversion use (Road to Mtn bar
> conversion). All I can find is a 2 shim solution, which is not the best
> if a solution at all: 22.2/25.4 and 25.4/26 mm shims.
>
> Any valid solutions suggested would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks!

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but I've used a shimmed
MTB (22mm) bar with a road stem for many years. I've also used home-made
shims on clip-on aerobars for many years. I'm not sure what you're
asking, but I have no fears about using shims if that's the question.