Road Bars - Looking for specific bars

Aaron Fillion

Guest
Hi,

I have been trying to replace some road bars for months now.

I just want an exact replacement for the same bars that I have (the
metal in bars has corroded and has a few holes)

The bars I have came on a year 2000 Trek 2300. They are:

Icon Graphite Series (ERGO) - with the follow numbers under stem area
2075 L9 44cm CTC

Does anyone know if I can get these exact bars anywhere? or what would
be the closest match?

I am having a difficult time finding bars that have a large hand area
when in the drops like the Icon bars had. I have been to most of the
bicycle shops in my city and cannot find what I am looking for.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:28:01 -0500, "Aaron Fillion"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have been trying to replace some road bars for months now.
>
>I just want an exact replacement for the same bars that I have (the
>metal in bars has corroded and has a few holes)
>
>The bars I have came on a year 2000 Trek 2300. They are:
>
>Icon Graphite Series (ERGO) - with the follow numbers under stem area
>2075 L9 44cm CTC
>
>Does anyone know if I can get these exact bars anywhere? or what would
>be the closest match?
>
>I am having a difficult time finding bars that have a large hand area
>when in the drops like the Icon bars had. I have been to most of the
>bicycle shops in my city and cannot find what I am looking for.

Icon was the house brand for Trek. Now Icons are no longer made, and
Trek use Bontrager bars. http://www.bontrager.com/bars/

I think "Graphite Series" was second from the top of the Icon range,
one step below "Sterling" but above "Onyx" (or something like that).
Probably all these model names have similar bends, so consider Icon
Sterling or Onyx etc. if you find one.

ERGO just means the anatomic bend in the drops, and you know about the
details of that.

2075 is likely 7075, the aluminum alloy used.

L9 is likely a date code.

44cm CTC is the width (44 cm) measured at the ends, center-to-center.

Good luck!

My ITM Millenium bars have a long flat on the bottoms like the old
style bars did.