Road Bike Rental - Madison, WI

Monsieurpeloton

Jun 12, 2009
I'm going to be riding in the Trek 100 century ride in June near Madison, WI. I've recently moved to AZ and will be traveling back to ride with my buddies.

Anyone know of some good shops that rent Road bikes in Madison, WI? Looking to maybe rent a Trek Madone or Specialized Roubaix, etc.

Thanks

Hi Monsieurpeloton, looks like you have not had much luck getting responses on this so far. I am also looking for similar bike rental in/around Madison for my visit in July as I will be in final stages of training for an Olympic distance Triathlon back here in Singapore a week after I return from the US. So far my searches online have only uncovered "Machinery Row Bicycles" who rent a 2006 Trek Madone with Ultegra 9-speed group set (and triple crank..?) for $75/day! Please let me know if you have had any more luck in the meantime and I will also post back here if I can uncover any alternatives.

SingaporeSling. I called around Madison and found that the Trek store on the West side is by far the best place to rent. They have Trek Madonne 5.2 (Ultegra) for around $50 per day. The other stores has either Cannondale Snyapse 7 (aluminum with Sora) or Specialized Sector (Sora)...for the same amount. I would go with them as they can also take down your name and reserve it for you when you get into town. I'm doing a century ride and wanted to make sure I had the most comfortable bike available for the ride. Good luck.

Trek - Madison, WI
http://trekstoremadison.com/
8108 Mineral Point Rd.
Madison, WI 53719
Phone: 608-833-8735

Hi Monsieurpeloton, Thanks for the info - this looks like a much better option. If I can't beg/borrow/steal something suitable from one of my brother-in-law's buddies then I will give the Trek store a call..

Just got back from demoing a Trek Madonne 5.2 for the Trek 100 ride this past weekend. When I picked up the bike, I'm pretty sure that I was the first one to ride the thing. Looked brand new, new chain, wheels and not a scratch on it. It cost me $50 and they put a hold on my credit card for the full amount $3200...in case I didn't bring it back.

I rode 100 miles and really liked the ride. Just wanted to go straight, comfortable and solid. This will definitely be in the short list for my next bike. The shop was great and I brought in my own peddles, which they installed right away. I also took a string to measure my saddle height from the peddle to the seat so I had a point of reference when I got there. They adjusted the seat and I was able to ride it around before I left to make sure it fit.

Overall very impressed with the shop (which is an actual Trek owned bike store) and for only $50...a great way to demo a ride when coming in from out of town.