Road Bike Rentals in Cape Town?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Michael Dimkich, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Michael Dimkich

Michael Dimkich New Member

I will be visiting Capetown in late June after running Comrades and will be very much missing my road bike! Not to mention how in need of cross-training I will be after 56-miles "downhill"!!! Can anyone steer me in the direction of a shop at which I could rent a road bike for a week or so? Or if anyone would like to rent one personally that would be just fine (I ride a 55/56cm center to center with a top tube of the same dimensions). I can be contacted at [email protected] or please leave any message here on the board (though a private e-mail would be a bit easier). Thanks in advance for the help and I can't wait to visit Camps Bay again as I stayed there for a week that turned into a month!!!
    Mike Dimkich

Tags:

2. Leon

Leon New Member

Are you coming all the way from LA to run the Comrades ?

Leon

3. Michael Dimkich

Michael Dimkich New Member

Yes, my girlfriend and I are going with a group of friends to run Comrades and then do the "tourist" thing (safari and trek up Mt.Kili). I loved SA the last time I was there though it was more business related and certainly not to run a marathon. Any thoughts on the bike thing?

4. Leon

Leon New Member

I am impressed !!

Unfortunately I am a bit removed from Cape Town so I will allow the Cape Town crowd to answer.

I hired a mountian bike in Plettenberg Bay in December so I am sure it must be possible in CT.

Leon