Road Bike Saddle Recommedations ??

Callistus Valerius wrote:

>>Most people get on with a standard Flite. They look good on any bike too.

> not if you have a big ass. a flite is too small for someone that weighs
> 180. Pro link is more like it.

What does chain lubricant have to do with this?
<http://www.progoldmfr.com/products/prolink.html>.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

"Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
message de :
news:[email protected]...
> "Contemporary and higher quality"?
>
> You would be surprised how many professional racers use the highest
> quality Brooks leather saddles. A product that has been around, almost
> unchanged, for about a century!

Go ahead - surprise me and name a few of them...
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

<< the
Turbomatic 4 is incredibly comfortable (apparently Ullrich agrees),
and I strongly recommend that one to anyone without reservation.
Unfortunately, the Turbo 4 does not seem to be sold in the U.S. >>

ExcelSports sells them.

I've been riding the original Turbomatic with the ti rails since they came out
in around 1990. You can find these on ebay occasionally. This saddle has a
smooth leather top in black or white leather, and they weigh around 260g, which
is pretty light for a suspension saddle. The rubber pads do help soften sharp
bumps. The shape of the Turbomatic is a couple mm's wider than the Flite at the
back.
I've ridden the Turbomatic 2 and 3 with the steel rails, and they didn't feel
the same. They were stiffer and more rigid. I don't know if it's the ti rails,
but to me the ti version is a more compliant saddle. i never tried the
Turbomatic 4.

John Retchford wrote:
> In my experience, bottoms do not take much notice of "contemporary" and
> "higher quality" when it comes to saddles. Mine demands a certain shape
> and a certain amount of padding to be comfortable. It refuses to be
> impressed by the saddle maker's name or the price tag.

[...]

> Funnily enough, after some painful experiences on early 400 and 600
> km brevet rides when I developed haematomas under the ischial bones
> while riding expensive saddles, I tried a Velo and was delighted. I
> can now ride those distances comfortably - well, on the bottom
> anyway. The fact that my current Velo (marked "Velo Plush") cost only
> $10 was just a bonus.

Just to prove John's point regarding one size not fitting all, I have a
saddle mared "Velo Plush" that I really dislike. 3 or 4 hours on that
saddle is uncomfortable, although not to the point of giving me sores or
any long term problems. That saddle is still in use, but on a bike that
doesn't typically get ridden for more than an hour at a crack.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

dvt wrote:
> Just to prove John's point regarding one size not fitting all, I have
> a saddle mared "Velo Plush" that I really dislike. 3 or 4 hours on
> that saddle is uncomfortable, although not to the point of giving me
> sores or any long term problems. That saddle is still in use, but on
> a bike that doesn't typically get ridden for more than an hour at a
> crack.

So to speak.

Bill "garage full of saddles" S.