Road bike saddle recommendation

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by karatekid, Nov 14, 2021.

1. karatekid

karatekid New Member

I'm looking for recommendations on a road bike saddle/seat, specifically for women. Very often, I do long rides (5+ hours on the weekends when I have the time). For a long time, I just put up with saddle sores and didn't let it bother me...until recently when it started to affect other aspects of my life. I know that saddles may be personal preference as everyone is different, but if I can get several suggestions/recommendations, this may help me out and I can try out different saddles until I find one that I like, but prefer not to waste my money on a unisex saddle or on a saddle that didn't mention who it was for (i.e. The Pro's Closet website shows saddles for sale, but doesn't specify gender....which doesn't help me at all.)

Thanks!

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Terry saddles are generally comfortable especially good for longer distance.

karatekid likes this.
  3. aakash31

aakash31 New Member

I suggest you to buy silicon saddle cover which give comfortable ride

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

This question is a bit tricky because what might be comfortable for one person may not be for you.

The Terry suggestion was a good suggestion, other options is Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow, Specialized Oura Expert Gel, and Fizik Luce, just to name a few.

If you do buy a saddle, you should make sure that the place you buy it from has a generous return policy in case after riding it for a while you don't like it you can return it and try another.

5. karatekid

karatekid New Member

Thank you for your suggestions! I found two Terry saddles and I have purchased one (the other has been saved for later in case the one I bought didn't work out for some reason). Thanks again!

6. karatekid

karatekid New Member

7. savabike

savabike New Member

kootu ergonomic bicycle saddle