Road bike saddle recommendation

karatekid

Nov 14, 2021
I'm looking for recommendations on a road bike saddle/seat, specifically for women. Very often, I do long rides (5+ hours on the weekends when I have the time). For a long time, I just put up with saddle sores and didn't let it bother me...until recently when it started to affect other aspects of my life. I know that saddles may be personal preference as everyone is different, but if I can get several suggestions/recommendations, this may help me out and I can try out different saddles until I find one that I like, but prefer not to waste my money on a unisex saddle or on a saddle that didn't mention who it was for (i.e. The Pro's Closet website shows saddles for sale, but doesn't specify gender....which doesn't help me at all.)

Thanks!

I'm looking for recommendations on a road bike saddle/seat, specifically for women. Very often, I do long rides (5+ hours on the weekends when I have the time). For a long time, I just put up with saddle sores and didn't let it bother me...until recently when it started to affect other aspects of my life. I know that saddles may be personal preference as everyone is different, but if I can get several suggestions/recommendations, this may help me out and I can try out different saddles until I find one that I like, but prefer not to waste my money on a unisex saddle or on a saddle that didn't mention who it was for (i.e. The Pro's Closet website shows saddles for sale, but doesn't specify gender....which doesn't help me at all.)

Thanks!

Terry saddles are generally comfortable especially good for longer distance.

Reactions: karatekid
This question is a bit tricky because what might be comfortable for one person may not be for you.

The Terry suggestion was a good suggestion, other options is Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow, Specialized Oura Expert Gel, and Fizik Luce, just to name a few.

If you do buy a saddle, you should make sure that the place you buy it from has a generous return policy in case after riding it for a while you don't like it you can return it and try another.

Terry saddles are generally comfortable especially good for longer distance.

Thank you for your suggestions! I found two Terry saddles and I have purchased one (the other has been saved for later in case the one I bought didn't work out for some reason). Thanks again!

This question is a bit tricky because what might be comfortable for one person may not be for you.

The Terry suggestion was a good suggestion, other options is Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow, Specialized Oura Expert Gel, and Fizik Luce, just to name a few.

Thank you! I found two Terry saddles and a Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow. I purchased one of the Terry saddles and so far it has been good. I was actually skeptical of the Selle Italia one, but saved it for later anyway. However, your suggestion made me feel better about it.

If you do buy a saddle, you should make sure that the place you buy it from has a generous return policy in case after riding it for a while you don't like it you can return it and try another.