road bike sizing

nomoore

Apr 16, 2006
I have an 84 Schwinn World Sport that I want to sell. It is rather large and I would like to know what size person this bike is likely to fit well so I can put that in the ad. I have taken these measurements of the bike.

Seat tube=27in. center to top
Top tube=24 3/4 center to center
Standover=37in.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

That would be about a 69 c-t, which is pretty big. Make sure you're measuring the seat tube from the center of the bottom bracket spindle to the top of the top tube.

artmichalek said:
That would be about a 69 c-t, which is pretty big. Make sure you're measuring the seat tube from the center of the bottom bracket spindle to the top of the top tube.
Yeah that's how i'm measuring. You should see the head tube. It's 9 3/4in. I can just barely pedal the bike, fully extending my legs, with the seat jammed down as far as it will go and I'm 5'10". That's with 170mm cranks. I don't know if it's some custom job or what but I've searched for off the shelf bikes with similar dimensions and can't find any that big. Did Schwinn ever do any custom bikes? It's going to be a hard sell I think but some really tall person is going to be very happy. I wish I knew how tall a person would have to be to fit it. My guess is 6'7" to 6'9". Does that sound right? Anyone?