Road bikes not so collectible

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
60 complete classic road bikes plus another 15 framesets for $35,000. That's about $580 for each bike and getting the 15 framesets for free.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/german-collector-lists-treasure-trove-of-vintage-road-bikes/

"The listing description outlines bicycles or frames from the following brands: Colnago, Pinarello, Chesini, Denti, Barelli, Messina, Bianchi, Champion, Paganini, Bataglin, Geminiani, Faggin, Kotter, Cilo, Enik, Jan Jansen, Gentleman, Raleigh, Diamond, Alan, Koga Miyata, Motobecane, Peugeot, Mercier, Eddy Schütz, Lejeune, Bim Diederich, Charles Pelissier, Raymond Poulidor, Jacques Anqueteil, Jeannie Longo, Hinault, Puch, Velotec, Schauff, Gerber."

germbike_670.jpg

not really, I would have to be institutionalized if I bought all of those bikes, not to mention my wife would divorce me.

Those bikes have been sitting for years in a damp basement, I can't imagine the internal and external rusting issues going on.

Closeup pics looked pretty good. Dunno if that's a basement or a castle wall! Damned room has at least a 20' ceiling and probably closer to a 24' ceiling going by scaling the stacked bikes on the walls. Supposedly the owner is some majorly well known German collector. I never heard of the guy, but you can Google up his name easily enough.

Free shipping?? :D

Yeah that would be hoarding.. ;)

If I get arrested and work a house confinement deal I'll would get them... If I work on them for like 20 years I might make a 60 euro profit!! :D