Road Biking Shoes

rosborn

Aug 26, 2004
Hello all,

I have a pair of Pearl Izumi Vagabond riding shoes. Quite frankly, they are killing my feet - small toe in particular. Are there any biking shoes out there with wider toe boxes so that the little toe isn't pinched into the rest of the toes? If anyone knows of any please post them so I can check them out.

Thank,

Rob

rosborn said:
Hello all,

I have a pair of Pearl Izumi Vagabond riding shoes. Quite frankly, they are killing my feet - small toe in particular. Are there any biking shoes out there with wider toe boxes so that the little toe isn't pinched into the rest of the toes? If anyone knows of any please post them so I can check them out.

Thank,

Rob

Some Sidis come in a wider width (look for the "Mega" designation). Carnacs also generally have a wider toe box. In my experience, Specialized also have a roomier toe area, but the shoes themselves are a bit narrower.

rosborn said:
Hello all,

Thank,

Rob
Rocket 7

I've got a set of Shimano R-131. Haven't had them long, but i'm finding them to be pretty good - especially in the width department. I wear a size 48 and the front of my foot is especially wide. My little toes have copped so much punishment over the years from ill fitting shoes of every description, that nowadays they are essentially 2 big callouses with toenails. Mind you, they still hurt in ill fitting shoes, but they aren't hurting in the R-131's - even after 3 - 4 hours. They're a good price too.

gm