Road checkpoint for helmeted riders

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
Cops in the suburbs have once again installed these checkpoints to check on travelers with helmets. It is an anti-crime activity because the so called "riding in tandem" is getting prevalent. The assasin would be riding at the back with hands free to use a gun while his cohort is ably driving. Their target is usually a rider in the car.

The checkpoint did not exempt bike riders particularly those bike riders wearing face mask. The helmet is not the crux but the mask that covers the face. It is clear that the checkpoint is after the criminals hiding behind the helmet and face masks so riding groups cannot raise a protest.

These guys are getting creative as each day passes. Good for them to have checkpoints, as it really is a dangerous world out there. Too bad though that criminals, no matter how many checkpoints you make, would always find a way to their destination. It's like they are rats in a sinking ship, no matter how small the hole is to the next level, they would always find a way to squeeze through, and would be able to find their goals no matter what happens. I think the idea is great, but in application, criminals will always find a way through these with loopholes.

I think the cops do the right thing by installing the checkpoint. Well, it's really necessary to install these because without these checkpoints, many people will ride their bikes without helmets and that can even cost a life. They are doing the necessary things. I don't think criminals will find a way through these loopholes.

We don't have checkpoints for helmeted riders down here in South Africa. Law and traffic enforcement is pretty lax here, but then again that's one of the reasons why we have high incidences of traffic accidents on our roads. Perhaps, there will come a day when they'll also be inspecting us.

Is this happening in the US or a different country? I suppose I could see this happening in an inner city as a for of a drive by shooting. But based on the description of your post, I am guessing that this is an issue happening in another country. It's terrifying none the less.

Well, where I'm from criminals prefer to ride on motorcycles, they ride in pairs. Good thing they can be easily spotted since every other criminal gang member is using the same approach in order to hit and run. Jaded people put spikes in some common checkpoints to seize them. It is indeed illegal, but I found it hard to not
find it unjustifiable since they argue this is used as a defense measure.

Last edited: