Road computer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by rudycyclist, Mar 22, 2006.

1. rudycyclist

rudycyclist New Member

I'm looking to put a computer on my new Madone. The 2 big things I want are my cadence and wireless. I've been told to look at the Cateye CD300DW. Good product? Any other suggestions?

Tags:

2. sv650s

sv650s New Member

Don't forget the Polar CS200CAD and some of the Ciclo Sport higher end computers all come wiht great features. Depends on what you want to spend in the end.

3. vascdoc

vascdoc New Member

I tried and hated the HAC 4. I just bought the Garmin Edge 305. It seems to be a fantastic wireless with a lot of features.

4. PeterF

PeterF New Member

I love my Polar S725 HRM/Bike Computer. I have used it for a year and it never fails. Too many features to mention and it's a nice looking watch to boot.

5. rudycyclist

rudycyclist New Member

I'm probably going to spend about $100-$120ish on a computer. What can I get for that money?

6. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

You can get the Polar CS200CAD for $130ish. I had a Cateye CD300DW and hated it: it ate batteries; it interfered w/ my Polar HRM (and the converse was true, too); and it was uber sensitive to e-fields in the environment.

The Polar is dead reliable (for me), doesn't suffer interference issues, and is muy gentle on batteries.

Even if I had unlimited funds and thought that I needed GPS, there's no way I'd get the Garmin Edge. That thing vaporizes batteries.

7. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

I second the CS200CAD, great computer, wireless, with cadence and HRM.