Road cycling TV coverage in the US?

Andrepaul

Sep 15, 2004
How do you keep up with cycling news over the TV in the US? I can not seem to find a TV channel that shows road bike racing hightlights or shows other than the usual TDF coverage on OLN once a year. Are there any weekling shows in the US that I'm missing?

Andrepaul said:
How do you keep up with cycling news over the TV in the US? I can not seem to find a TV channel that shows road bike racing hightlights or shows other than the usual TDF coverage on OLN once a year. Are there any weekling shows in the US that I'm missing?
No. And asking that sort of thing gets you put on the FBI subversive list in the US. Expect an IRS audit and a keystroke logger installed on your computer if you continue talking like that.

OLN seems bent on showing Survivor 26 hours a day. Now I'll admit that I watched the show a time or two, but I guess people like to watch the same episode, three times a day, in case the vote changes and the naked gay guy doesn't win.

They don't seem to be able to find 30 minutes a week for cycling. I think they'll still show the daily coverage of the TdF next year, just to see what happens without Armstrong. But in 2007, they'll probably just have a one hour TdF wrap-up show.

jcjordan said:
Whats Cycling.tv like, has anyone subscribed?
I view the free streaming video and except for the occasional internet blip and the commentary that might be in a language other than english, it's pretty good.
i watch it on a MAC and they've apologized for the sometimes weird MAC interface. They say they're working on it.
I think it's better than eurosport if only because cycling.tv is video

kaikane said:
I view the free streaming video and except for the occasional internet blip and the commentary that might be in a language other than english, it's pretty good.
i watch it on a MAC and they've apologized for the sometimes weird MAC interface. They say they're working on it.
I think it's better than eurosport if only because cycling.tv is video

Can you download if you subscribe? I found another one called ARIA TV sport which will, but does not look like its been updated since 2004.

Also it doesn't look like Cycling.TV has any of the big races like the Paris Tours or is that just me

jcjordan said:
Can you download if you subscribe? I found another one called ARIA TV sport which will, but does not look like its been updated since 2004.

Also it doesn't look like Cycling.TV has any of the big races like the Paris Tours or is that just me
Don't know if you can download. I just watch it free. (Being the cheap skate that I am: I even buy used bike shorts from ebay!)
Check it out: www.cycling.tv
They have an email link. I've asked them questions via email and they always respond promptly.

cycling.tv rocks my world since OLN turned out to be the Only Lance Network with regards to cycling.

are there really more bull riding vs. cycling afficionados?

you would think so with oln's schedule.

they can go sh*t in their hat.
oh, i shouldnt use that kinda talk.

i watched the 'tape-delay' worlds this past weekend. for some reason i didnt get to see it live. either it wasnt free when live, or up in Alaska the system didnt recognize me as being in the USofA.

in any event, it was still great to see the worlds (hooking up laptop to plasma tv monitor kicks a** always. and Jacob Piil almost pulled it off. it was great to see him in the breakaway after reading about it.
...along with all the other racing highlights in their menu.
for me the best TdF coverage via intrOnet was from TV2 Danmark. costs a little but was well worth it. both streams have occasional buffering but i can deal with that. my cable co. just needs to give us more speed.

only when i strike it rich and retire can i go to europe all season long and watch all the races like The Devil ;)