Road Magazine

Rick_G

Jul 30, 2006
Just wanted to say thanks for the recent discussion about bike magazines.

I went to Borders, and on the suggestion of what I read here picked up a copy of Road. What a cool magazine! I hadn't read it before. I've read Bicycling of course (which I never really cared for). And I've read Velonews. Velonews is a bit too race oriented for my taste. But Road strikes a nice balance of race related articles, along with various cycling articles that are really interesting to read. And the pictures and the over-sized format is gorgeous to look at - the photos looks like they're National Geographic quality. And the ads are eye candy too. This mag is a coffee table piece for sure.

Velonews is not what I'm personally looking for, like I said - it's a little too race oriented. And Bicycling is simply too much fluff. I want to read a magazine that will help to keep me excited about riding. I LOVE this sport and I can see where Road magazine can help fuel that passion. Like their tag-line aptly states... it's "The Journal of Road Cycling And Culture". That seems to fit pretty well. Road is easily the most enjoyable bike magazine I've ever picked up. So I went on-line and subscribed after seeing what a cool magazine Road is.

Thanks again to Cyclingfroums for turning me on to this EXCELLENT magazine!

P.S. My wife really likes it too.