Road mini pump

Garyh_GONP07 said:
I agree to disagree. CO2 cartridges are fully recyclable.
That may be the case, but my objection to cartridges is not just because of the cartridges alone.

Its the cumulative effect of the energy that is used to extract the metal to manufacture the canisters, pump the CO2 into them, and then the energy cost of transporting them around by road or sea.

All of this just to save 2mins of your time.

You may disagree, but I think that is an unnecessarily wasteful expenditure of energy.

As arte has said - a good pump will easily get you up to what you need.

n

nerdag said:
That may be the case, but my objection to cartridges is not just because of the cartridges alone.

Its the cumulative effect of the energy that is used to extract the metal to manufacture the canisters, pump the CO2 into them, and then the energy cost of transporting them around by road or sea.

All of this just to save 2mins of your time.

You may disagree, but I think that is an unnecessarily wasteful expenditure of energy.

As arte has said - a good pump will easily get you up to what you need.

n
Try reading the question again. The request was for advice re mini pumps, not a forum for digressing into your particular fantasies.

Topeak Micro Rocket comes in carbon or alu finish. From memory it's 50-60 grams and 160mm long. Pumps up to 160psi but don't expect to get there in a hurry. I can fit mine INSIDE a medium size under seat bag.... will fit easily into your pocket.

ric hallgren said:
Try reading the question again. The request was for advice re mini pumps, not a forum for digressing into your particular fantasies.
The OP didn't ask about cartridge pumps either, so in that context, your posts in this thread fail your own test of relevance.

n

::dom:: said:
Topeak Micro Rocket comes in carbon or alu finish. From memory it's 50-60 grams and 160mm long. Pumps up to 160psi but don't expect to get there in a hurry. I can fit mine INSIDE a medium size under seat bag.... will fit easily into your pocket.
I just bought this one and used it for the first time. I had mine up to around 100psi within around 30secs!
Having said that I also bought an adaptor when I purchased this pump (in case it didn't do the trick!) to use a service station air pump.
It cost around $4 and was more for piece of mind if the pump didn't get the tire to 110psi I could get it to reasonable pressure and ride to a service station to do the rest - but I may not need it now.