Road Natz Full

Anyone have an opinion about teams registering 10, 12 or even 15
riders? In light of the small field size, I think it really does a
disservice to poorer riders and riders without teams to be shut out
this early from Natz. If we cap teams in UCI events, why not major
National events?

CH

[email protected] wrote:
> Anyone have an opinion about teams registering 10, 12 or even 15
> riders? In light of the small field size, I think it really does a
> disservice to poorer riders and riders without teams to be shut out
> this early from Natz. If we cap teams in UCI events, why not major
> National events?
>
> CH

If I thought that there were teams out there that could field 15, 12,
or even 10 riders who would cooperate as a team AND who were all
physically capable of influencing the outcome of the race, then maybe
I'd be upset, too.

At most you likely see 3 or 4 teammates who can influence the race,
after that you've just got other riders in similar jerseys. No need to
be concerned.

Besides, the members of smaller teams could've signed up early, just
like those who've filled the field already.

Fred

What about abck in the day when you had to qualify for the Natz, not just
register. Each district had an allotted number of riders.
news:[email protected]...

[email protected] wrote:
> Anyone have an opinion about teams registering 10, 12 or even 15
> riders?

<snip>

Dumbass -

Ya, I have an opinion on that.

Nationals for the guys is a bunch of ****. All the best riders have pro
licenses, so it's like having Cat 2 "Nationals". It's no different than
the Fattie Masters.

The real "Nats" is the USPRO jersey.

This doesn't apply to the women since they don't have the pro
designation.

Why not have Cat 3 Nats and Cat 4 Nats and, while we're at it, Cat 5
Nats?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Category 5 National Champion

On 30 Mar 2006 12:07:48 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Nationals for the guys is a bunch of ****. All the best riders have pro
>licenses, so it's like having Cat 2 "Nationals". It's no different than
>the Fattie Masters.
>
>The real "Nats" is the USPRO jersey.
>
>This doesn't apply to the women since they don't have the pro
>designation.
>
>Why not have Cat 3 Nats and Cat 4 Nats and, while we're at it, Cat 5
>Nats?

No age categories? I was hoping for age categories.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USa)
Just someone on two wheels...

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Anyone have an opinion about teams registering 10, 12 or even 15
> > riders?

> <snip>
>

> Dumbass -
>
> Ya, I have an opinion on that.
>
> Nationals for the guys is a bunch of ****. All the best riders have pro
> licenses, so it's like having Cat 2 "Nationals". It's no different than
> the Fattie Masters.
>
> The real "Nats" is the USPRO jersey.
>
> This doesn't apply to the women since they don't have the pro
> designation.
>
> Why not have Cat 3 Nats and Cat 4 Nats and, while we're at it, Cat 5
> Nats?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> Category 5 National Champion

Yea, you have an opinion... and its wrong!

There's nothing wrong with an amateur championship in addition to a pro
championship.

Breaking it down further into various levels of amateur categories
wouldn't be appropriate.

S.

> Dumbass -
>
> Ya, I have an opinion on that.
>
> Nationals for the guys is a bunch of ****. All the best riders have pro
> licenses, so it's like having Cat 2 "Nationals". It's no different than
> the Fattie Masters.
>
> The real "Nats" is the USPRO jersey.
>
> This doesn't apply to the women since they don't have the pro
> designation.
>
> Why not have Cat 3 Nats and Cat 4 Nats and, while we're at it, Cat 5
> Nats?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> Category 5 National Champion

"Nationals for the guys is a bunch of ****.". So true. Why bother having a
national championship at all? All the best riders are at the world
championships. Oh wait: not all the best riders show up for worlds, just
like they don't all show up (or peak) for the nationals.

In neither the case of the rainbow jersey or the national jersey is the
winner automatically recognized as the best rider who started the race. So
what's the point?

Tim Lines wrote:
> I hereby claim the licensing rights to this idea! Milo, my lawyer, is
> drawing up the paperwork as I type. But you wont be left out in the
> cold. All of the profits will go to the syndicate I'm setting up for
> youth development. And everyone has a share.

Sorry, by executive order Haliburton has been granted these rights in
perpetuity. After all you do need a global presence to sell rights in all
time zones and you will probably need contacts in the extra cheap labour
markets to make the championship jerseys to sell as extras.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
>
>>I hereby claim the licensing rights to this idea! Milo, my lawyer, is
>>drawing up the paperwork as I type. But you wont be left out in the
>>cold. All of the profits will go to the syndicate I'm setting up for
>>youth development. And everyone has a share.

> Sorry, by executive order Haliburton has been granted these rights in
> perpetuity. After all you do need a global presence to sell rights in all
> time zones and you will probably need contacts in the extra cheap labour
> markets to make the championship jerseys to sell as extras.

At least there's finally a market for all that Egyptian cotton.

In article <[email protected]>, Tim Lines <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Donald Munro wrote:
> > Tim Lines wrote:
> >
> >>I hereby claim the licensing rights to this idea! Milo, my lawyer, is
> >>drawing up the paperwork as I type. But you wont be left out in the
> >>cold. All of the profits will go to the syndicate I'm setting up for
> >>youth development. And everyone has a share.

> > Sorry, by executive order Haliburton has been granted these rights in
> > perpetuity. After all you do need a global presence to sell rights in all
> > time zones and you will probably need contacts in the extra cheap labour
> > markets to make the championship jerseys to sell as extras.
> >

> At least there's finally a market for all that Egyptian cotton.

And we don't even have to bomb our own side. This is good for the Syndicate.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing