Road Owners 2 - The Sequel

Danny Colyer deftly scribbled:

> Not me, someone else wrote:
>> Sorry, but at least two of the vehicles I have are purely recreational .. ;)
>
> Yeah, but presumably those are the two-wheeled biologically powered vehicles.

Nope .. They're petrol powered .. A Trials bike and a Land Rover. The =motorbike isn't road legal
though, so is used in my clubs quarry and at Trials meetings. The Land Rover _is_ road - legal, but
I wouldn't like to travel too far in it .. ;)

In fact we also have a couple of other petrol powered leisure vehicles too .. but they are
also ineligible for road use .. They need another road-legal vehicle to trailer them to where
we use them ..

--
Digweed

Snk!

Teach me half the gladness That thy brain must know, Such harmonious madness From my lips would flow
The world should listen then, as I am listening now.

akshually this is not me it is a weed called shelley

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:17:03 +0100, "Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Now, is there any kind of self-defence armament one can carry _on_the_bike_ (against dogs, dog
>owners, men who get out of white vans etc) that is actually legal and effective?

Hmm. Which one do you want? Legal or effective? :) AIUI & IANAL, the self-defense thing hinges on
"reasonable force", however, grabbing the first thing that comes to hand providing that you are in
genuine fear of your life will possibly be OK. Maybe.

A D-lock would be quite effective, I imagine. As would the heavy duty chain-type locks. Or a nice,
solid frame pump. Last time I got T-boned by WVM, I picked myself up, shouted a lot, kicked both his
headlights in[1] and bimbled off. Of course, I wouldn't suggest that this sort of anti-social
behaviour is a sensible option.

[1]Steel-capped boots. I wonder if they do SPuD-compatible safety shoes...
--
DG

Bah!

My friend Murdock, a Luddite Pacifier from Portsmouth, writes:

"I was out cycling once and a car pulled in front of me on a roundabout, I hit the side and went
over the bonnet. Walking back to my mountain-bike (grazes and bruises) to pick it up, he wound the
window down to what I thought was apologise. He called me a 'blind ****'. This is what I did.

1. Remove cycle helmet.
2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
satisfactorally.
4. Dazed motorist pulls away in dazed frenzy, into a lamppost.
5. Mount bicycle (try to ignore the front wheel wobbling, it's getaway time).
6. Cycle like crazy whilst pandemonium ensues on aforementioned roundabout.
7. Pay £20 for new wheel whilst chuckling on the inside for weeks.

This is all true, I actually did this, it never came back to haunt me and the police never turned up
at my door. Well, not for that incident anyway."

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

DG <[email protected]> wrote: ( Last time I got T-boned by WVM, I picked myself up,
shouted a lot, ) kicked both his headlights in[1] and bimbled off. Of course, I ( wouldn't suggest
that this sort of anti-social behaviour is a sensible ) option.

Shame on you, leaving broken glass in the path of cyclists like that.

Laughing so much I think my head might fall off.....

If only I will have the courage....

Peter.

"Mark South" <[email protected]> writes:

> Now, is there any kind of self-defence armament one can carry _on_the_bike_ (against dogs, dog
> owners, men who get out of white vans etc) that is actually legal and effective?

Zefal HPX?

-dan

--

http://www.cliki.net/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources

"> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.

The next time someone tells me that cycle helmets are a waste of money and don't serve a useful
safety purpose...

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:22:57 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Geraint
Jones) wrote:

>DG <[email protected]> wrote: ( Last time I got T-boned by WVM, I picked myself up,
>shouted a lot, ) kicked both his headlights in[1] and bimbled off. Of course, I ( wouldn't suggest
>that this sort of anti-social behaviour is a sensible ) option.
>
>Shame on you, leaving broken glass in the path of cyclists like that.

I know. It's the only bit I felt bad about.
--
DG

Bah!

> "I was out cycling once and a car pulled in front of me on a roundabout, I hit the side and went
> over the bonnet. Walking back to my mountain-bike (grazes and bruises) to pick it up, he wound the
> window down to what I thought was apologise. He called me a 'blind ****'. This is what I did.
>
> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
> satisfactorally.

At last, someone with a sensible suggestion as to why you should wear a helmet.

Puts on own helmet and waits for flak (and paving slabs) to arrive :(

"Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >One day I shall get hold of the automatic machine gun technology that
> the
> > >East Germans used to use at the border and adapt it to fire paint at
> their
> > >windscreens...
> >
> > How about an exocet missile launcher for a more permanent solution?
>
> The Exocet is really only designed for use over water.
>
> An automatically steered pulse laser would not require such frequent reloading, although the
> electricity bill may rise quite steeply.
>
> Now, is there any kind of self-defence armament one can carry _on_the_bike_ (against dogs, dog
> owners, men who get out of white vans etc) that is actually legal and effective?

Your fists combined with a swift kick?

;)

Thomas.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> My friend Murdock, a Luddite Pacifier from Portsmouth, writes:
>
> "I was out cycling once and a car pulled in front of me on a roundabout, I hit the side and went
> over the bonnet. Walking back to my mountain-bike (grazes and bruises) to pick it up, he wound the
> window down to what I thought was apologise. He called me a 'blind ****'. This is what I did.
>
> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
> satisfactorally.
> 4. Dazed motorist pulls away in dazed frenzy, into a lamppost.
> 5. Mount bicycle (try to ignore the front wheel wobbling, it's getaway time).
> 6. Cycle like crazy whilst pandemonium ensues on aforementioned roundabout.
> 7. Pay £20 for new wheel whilst chuckling on the inside for weeks.
>
> This is all true, I actually did this, it never came back to haunt me and the police never turned
> up at my door. Well, not for that incident anyway."

Excellent

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:46:56 +0100 someone who may be "Tony W" <[email protected]>
wrote this:-

>> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
>> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
>> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
>> satisfactorally.
>
>At last, someone with a sensible suggestion as to why you should wear a helmet.

Yes. I wonder of BSHIT will advocate this as a reason for wearing cycle helmets.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:52:16 +0100, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
>>> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
>>> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
>>> satisfactorally.

>>At last, someone with a sensible suggestion as to why you should wear a helmet.

>Yes. I wonder of BSHIT will advocate this as a reason for wearing cycle helmets.

Gives a whole new meaning to the pronounciation "Be-Hit" doesn't it?

Guy
===