Road Owners 2 - The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Colyer deftly scribbled:

> Not me, someone else wrote:
>> Sorry, but at least two of the vehicles I have are purely recreational .. ;)
>
> Yeah, but presumably those are the two-wheeled biologically powered vehicles.

Nope .. They're petrol powered .. A Trials bike and a Land Rover. The =motorbike isn't road legal
though, so is used in my clubs quarry and at Trials meetings. The Land Rover _is_ road - legal, but
I wouldn't like to travel too far in it .. ;)

In fact we also have a couple of other petrol powered leisure vehicles too .. but they are
also ineligible for road use .. They need another road-legal vehicle to trailer them to where
we use them ..

--
Digweed

Snk!

Teach me half the gladness That thy brain must know, Such harmonious madness From my lips would flow
The world should listen then, as I am listening now.

akshually this is not me it is a weed called shelley

Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
===========================================================
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:17:03 +0100, "Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Now, is there any kind of self-defence armament one can carry _on_the_bike_ (against dogs, dog
>owners, men who get out of white vans etc) that is actually legal and effective?

Hmm. Which one do you want? Legal or effective? :) AIUI & IANAL, the self-defense thing hinges on
"reasonable force", however, grabbing the first thing that comes to hand providing that you are in
genuine fear of your life will possibly be OK. Maybe.

A D-lock would be quite effective, I imagine. As would the heavy duty chain-type locks. Or a nice,
solid frame pump. Last time I got T-boned by WVM, I picked myself up, shouted a lot, kicked both his
headlights in[1] and bimbled off. Of course, I wouldn't suggest that this sort of anti-social
behaviour is a sensible option.

[1]Steel-capped boots. I wonder if they do SPuD-compatible safety shoes...
--
DG

Bah!

My friend Murdock, a Luddite Pacifier from Portsmouth, writes:

"I was out cycling once and a car pulled in front of me on a roundabout, I hit the side and went
over the bonnet. Walking back to my mountain-bike (grazes and bruises) to pick it up, he wound the
window down to what I thought was apologise. He called me a 'blind ****'. This is what I did.

1. Remove cycle helmet.
2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
satisfactorally.
4. Dazed motorist pulls away in dazed frenzy, into a lamppost.
5. Mount bicycle (try to ignore the front wheel wobbling, it's getaway time).
6. Cycle like crazy whilst pandemonium ensues on aforementioned roundabout.
7. Pay £20 for new wheel whilst chuckling on the inside for weeks.

This is all true, I actually did this, it never came back to haunt me and the police never turned up
at my door. Well, not for that incident anyway."

Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

DG <[email protected]> wrote: ( Last time I got T-boned by WVM, I picked myself up,
shouted a lot, ) kicked both his headlights in[1] and bimbled off. Of course, I ( wouldn't suggest
that this sort of anti-social behaviour is a sensible ) option.

Shame on you, leaving broken glass in the path of cyclists like that.

Laughing so much I think my head might fall off.....

If only I will have the courage....

Peter.

"Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My friend Murdock, a Luddite Pacifier from Portsmouth, writes:
>
> "I was out cycling once and a car pulled in front of me on a roundabout, I hit the side and went
> over the bonnet. Walking back to my mountain-bike (grazes and bruises) to pick it up, he wound the
> window down to what I thought was apologise. He called me a 'blind ****'. This is what I did.
>
> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
> satisfactorally.
> 4. Dazed motorist pulls away in dazed frenzy, into a lamppost.
> 5. Mount bicycle (try to ignore the front wheel wobbling, it's getaway time).
> 6. Cycle like crazy whilst pandemonium ensues on aforementioned
roundabout.
> 7. Pay £20 for new wheel whilst chuckling on the inside for weeks.
>
> This is all true, I actually did this, it never came back to haunt me and the police never turned
> up at my door. Well, not for that incident
anyway."
>
> Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
> ===========================================================
> Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
> http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
> ===========================================================

"Mark South" <[email protected]> writes:

> Now, is there any kind of self-defence armament one can carry _on_the_bike_ (against dogs, dog
> owners, men who get out of white vans etc) that is actually legal and effective?

Zefal HPX?

-dan

--

http://www.cliki.net/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources

"> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.

The next time someone tells me that cycle helmets are a waste of money and don't serve a useful
safety purpose...

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:22:57 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Geraint
Jones) wrote:

>DG <[email protected]> wrote: ( Last time I got T-boned by WVM, I picked myself up,
>shouted a lot, ) kicked both his headlights in[1] and bimbled off. Of course, I ( wouldn't suggest
>that this sort of anti-social behaviour is a sensible ) option.
>
>Shame on you, leaving broken glass in the path of cyclists like that.

I know. It's the only bit I felt bad about.
--
DG

Bah!

"Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "I was out cycling once and a car pulled in front of me on a roundabout, I hit the side and went
> over the bonnet. Walking back to my mountain-bike (grazes and bruises) to pick it up, he wound the
> window down to what I thought was apologise. He called me a 'blind ****'. This is what I did.
>
> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
> satisfactorally.

At last, someone with a sensible suggestion as to why you should wear a helmet.

Puts on own helmet and waits for flak (and paving slabs) to arrive :(

T

"Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >One day I shall get hold of the automatic machine gun technology that
> the
> > >East Germans used to use at the border and adapt it to fire paint at
> their
> > >windscreens...
> >
> > How about an exocet missile launcher for a more permanent solution?
>
> The Exocet is really only designed for use over water.
>
> An automatically steered pulse laser would not require such frequent reloading, although the
> electricity bill may rise quite steeply.
>
> Now, is there any kind of self-defence armament one can carry _on_the_bike_ (against dogs, dog
> owners, men who get out of white vans etc) that is actually legal and effective?

Your fists combined with a swift kick?

;)

Thomas.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> My friend Murdock, a Luddite Pacifier from Portsmouth, writes:
>
>
> satisfactorally.
> 4. Dazed motorist pulls away in dazed frenzy, into a lamppost.
> 5. Mount bicycle (try to ignore the front wheel wobbling, it's getaway time).
> 6. Cycle like crazy whilst pandemonium ensues on aforementioned roundabout.
> 7. Pay £20 for new wheel whilst chuckling on the inside for weeks.
>
> This is all true, I actually did this, it never came back to haunt me and the police never turned
> up at my door. Well, not for that incident anyway."
>

Excellent

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this: Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:46:56 +0100 someone who may be "Tony W" <[email protected]>
wrote this:-

>> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
>> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
>> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
>> satisfactorally.
>
>At last, someone with a sensible suggestion as to why you should wear a helmet.

Yes. I wonder of BSHIT will advocate this as a reason for wearing cycle helmets.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E I will always explain revoked
keys, unless the UK government prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:52:16 +0100, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> 1. Remove cycle helmet.
>>> 2. Clench fist inside cycle helmet, holding inside strap tightly, as if to wear a boxing glove.
>>> 3. Hit motorist square in centre of face with cycle helmet whilst watching nose explode most
>>> satisfactorally.

>>At last, someone with a sensible suggestion as to why you should wear a helmet.

>Yes. I wonder of BSHIT will advocate this as a reason for wearing cycle helmets.

Gives a whole new meaning to the pronounciation "Be-Hit" doesn't it?

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.