Road rage attack on child .. in cycle trailer ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Gonzalez wrote:
> >> Baxter.
> >>
> >> Tel: (01430) 876759 Tel: (01430) 872429 Address: 22 Shipman Road Market Weighton YO43 3RB
> >
> >
> > Thanks for this.
> >
> > May I suggest we all send him letters expressing the true feelings we have towards him. A few
> > late night or early morning telephone calls wouldn't go amiss either, but remember to use public
> > phone boxes.
>
> You don't mind if I forward your post to [email protected] / [email protected], do you?
>
What exactly is your problem with this? Is your problem the same as mine or are you over-reacting? I
don't support the late night or early morning telephone calls (or the posting of the telephone
numbers for that matter) but I can well imagine that there are some people who would like to write
him polite letters. Are you trying to remove this right from them?

Michael MacClancy

Chill out or go somehwere else. Do you drive a Range Rover perchance?

Some interesting commments have been made on this thread about protecting the anonyminity of
scumbags like Baxter.

It would seem that what we are saying is that the typical 'citizens' of the U.K. are just one step
away from banding together into an unthinking baying mob. It also seems to be the case that the
judicary is so feared of the mob they will even go so far as undermine justice itself in order to
demonstrate that the mob has no real power or influence... A worrying picture of UK society.

Anyhow, it seems everyone agrees that the last thing anyone should do is contribute further to the
'mob rule' mentality that exists in the UK. After all this already seems to be the normal 'rule of
the road' what with habitual speeders, 'petrol protestors', selfish, irrational Anti Road Safety
lobby groups and bull bar adorned 4x4's everywhere...

However, it would ne nice to think that cyclists, and perhaps even other citizens, on knowing of
Baxters details (and indeed those of other offenders) might just keep an eye out. After all, I would
not think he would be the sort of person to take notice of any driving ban and I can't see anything
short of death modifying either his obvious attitude to cyclists or driving behaviour.

Just take a look at the Raging Bike site at http://www.ragingbike.co.uk/ Being willing to post
details of incidents of bad driving and so on is, perhaps, one small step on the path to making such
behaviour socially unacceptable.

I am tempted to say that we should all just start reporting all incidents of irresponsible and
aggressive driving to the police so that appropriate action can be taken, but I am due back on
planet earth now...

Regards, Howard.

http://www.thebikezone.org.uk

Howard <[email protected]> wrote:
>I'll do whatever I want' society, the power of the car lobby, the influence of advertisers, the
>image of cyclists as being poor, or 'loony left' eco cranks,

I wonder if these are available for ISIS bottom brackets?
--
David Damerell <[email protected]> flcl?

"David Damerell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:tml*[email protected]...
> Howard <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I'll do whatever I want' society, the power of the car lobby, the influence of advertisers, the
> >image of cyclists as being poor, or 'loony left' eco cranks,
>
> I wonder if these are available for ISIS bottom brackets?

LOL Good one, but they make the right leg redundant! Loony right eco cranks don't exist - do they?

Michael MacClancy

Smudger wrote:
> Chill out or go somehwere else. Do you drive a Range Rover perchance?

Gonzalez is inciting harassment. I don't think that's acceptable. I imagine freeuk mightn't either.

I was also just pointing out that the poster's behaviour was probably outside what his ISP may allow
and asking whether it was reasonable. I wasn't unchilled out. And after all, if I'm wrong about it
being an abuse of the ISP's service, then they'd blacklist me, not the poster. I wasn't actually
planning to post it, and I didn't mean to make it sound as if I
did.

Funnily enough, the last two motor vehicles I've driven were much bigger than a Range Rover. Why do
you ask? Do you think that being against vigilanteism means that I support violent criminals?

Ambrose.

Michael MacClancy wrote:
> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Gonzalez wrote:
>>>> Baxter.
>>>>
>>>> Tel: (01430) XXXXXX Tel: (01430) XXXXXX Address: NN XXXXXX Road Market Weighton YO43 3RB
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for this.
>>>
>>> May I suggest we all send him letters expressing the true feelings we have towards him. A few
>>> late night or early morning telephone calls wouldn't go amiss either, but remember to use public
>>> phone boxes.
>>
>> You don't mind if I forward your post to [email protected] / [email protected], do you?
>>
> What exactly is your problem with this? Is your problem the same as mine or are you over-reacting?

I could well be overreacting, I suppose.

> I don't support the late night or early morning telephone calls (or the posting of the telephone
> numbers for that matter)

That's what Gonzalez (rather than the OP) was encouraging. Also, no one who felt they were doing
something legal or justified would need to use a phone box. Maybe prefixing 141 to the number to
avoid the caller ID getting through, but using a phone box. That's plain harassment, and pretty
abhorrent to me.

> but I can well imagine that there are some people who would like to write him polite letters. Are
> you trying to remove this right from them?

Yes, if exercising that right causes harassment, then it's not permissable to exercise it.
Otherwise, no. I find it unlikely that any contact with the criminal by a person from this group
would be constructive, and I think that anyone who'd like to write helpful suggestions would think
the same way. Those who want to harass, though, they're not bothered about being constructive.

Ambrose

Blimey. I suppose you're right but I think we've convince the chappie to not continue without
resorting to shopping him to the powers that be. We are a community after all.

Bike on. Or tank on or whatever you say in your giant vehicles.

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Blimey. I suppose you're right but I think we've convince the chappie to not continue without
> resorting to shopping him to the powers that be. We are a community after all.
>
> Bike on. Or tank on or whatever you say in your giant vehicles.
>

Smudger: You're the only person I've seen on this NG who doesn't include at least a bit of the
original posting in their reply. It does help readers understand your points, you know.

Er, sorry. It's a habit I have because I think it helps keep the load of the WWW!!

How am I doing?

"Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Blimey. I suppose you're right but I think we've convince the chappie
to
> > not continue without resorting to shopping him to the powers that be.
We
> > are a community after all.
> >
> > Bike on. Or tank on or whatever you say in your giant vehicles.
> >
>
> Smudger: You're the only person I've seen on this NG who doesn't include
at
> least a bit of the original posting in their reply. It does help readers understand your points,
> you know.

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Er, sorry. It's a habit I have because I think it helps keep the load of the WWW!!
>
> How am I doing?
>

That's better. Next lesson is that most people post at the bottom (like this) because that allows
the reader to see what went first. Sometimes you'll see people threading their comments between
someone else's post, particularly if the original was very long. Be careful cutting (snipping) some
posts because it's possible to make it look as if someone wrote something they didn't - and they
don't like that!

Smudger wrote:

> Er, sorry. It's a habit I have because I think it helps keep the load of the WWW!!

> How am I doing?

So near and yet so far :)

You top posted, old china, which is aesthetically sub-optimal.

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104

"Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Er, sorry. It's a habit I have because I think it helps keep the load
of
> > the WWW!!
> >
> > How am I doing?
> >
>
> That's better. Next lesson is that most people post at the bottom (like this) because that allows
> the reader to see what went first. Sometimes you'll see people threading their comments between
> someone else's post, particularly if the original was very long. Be careful cutting (snipping)
> some posts because it's possible to make it look as if someone wrote something they didn't - and
> they don't like that!
>
>

I'm learning as I go - I appreciate the friendly advice. You could always have reported me
to my ISP!!

Smudger wrote:
> Blimey. I suppose you're right but I think we've convince the chappie to not continue without
> resorting to shopping him to the powers that be. We are a community after all.
>
> Bike on. Or tank on or whatever you say in your giant vehicles.

Only vans and minibuses :), and that only for about 2000 miles

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Smudger wrote:
> > Blimey. I suppose you're right but I think we've convince the chappie to not continue without
> > resorting to shopping him to the powers that be. We are a community after all.
> >
> > Bike on. Or tank on or whatever you say in your giant vehicles.
>
> Only vans and minibuses :), and that only for about 2000 miles
>
>
>
>
Bike on then (bottom posted with the previous info - I'm getting good at this - celebratory pizza
and beer beckons)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:10:39 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Smudger wrote:
>> > Blimey. I suppose you're right but I think we've convince the chappie to not continue without
>> > resorting to shopping him to the powers that be. We are a community after all.
>> >
>> > Bike on. Or tank on or whatever you say in your giant vehicles.
>>
>> Only vans and minibuses :), and that only for about 2000 miles
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Bike on then (bottom posted with the previous info - I'm getting good at this - celebratory pizza
>and beer beckons)
>
Next tip - never post after drinking beer (you'll regret it in the morning)

Cheers! Stephen

Tim Woodall wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2003 09:34:12 -0800, Howard <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
> <snip>
>> It's the sense of helplessness that is most damaging. A couple
of
>> months before this happened (16 April 2002 to be precise) and
only a
>> couple of miles away (South Cave) someone in a Black Range
Rover
>> deliberately crossed over the central white line and drove at
me
>> whilst I was cycling up a hill, forcing me off the road.
>
> How common is this?
>
> I thought I was unlucky last year (2002) in having two drivers deliberately intimidate me (one
> crossing the central line to
drive
> straight at me) and the other swerving deliberately at me as he passed (he was passing fairly wide
> and then swerved in at the
last
> second with the horn going and his passenger shouting something
out
> of the window) Needless to say, on both occasions there was not another
vehicle or
> pedestrian visible. Also in neither instance did I get the
number
> plate.
>
> Every other incident I could put down to incomptence but there
was no
> way these two could not have been malice.
>
>
> Tim.

I'm sure it must be very common. Yesterday morning going to work a black fiat punto in heavy
traffic deliberately swerved to block my path twice over a two mile stretch of road. He was well
enough ahead that I had time to slow each time. I still ended up in front of him though when our
routes diverged.
--
Mark

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> Graham Glen wrote:
>
>>>> or the 1980s wireless programme The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
>
>>> That was repeated on R4 last year. And of course, plenty of
us
>>> under 30 have read all the books.
>
>> And have the CD's
>
> And the T-shirt?

I was interviewing some people today. One had been to strathclyde university and on their CV as part
of the course was - The Universe and Everything. Maybe we are all part of a giant computer :) I
should have asked if the answer was 42.
--
Mark

the Mark wrote:

> I was interviewing some people today. One had been to strathclyde university and on their CV as
> part of the course was - The Universe and Everything.

Ooh, I've heard weird things about that class that'd make me wonder why anyone would advertise it
on their CV.

> Maybe we are all part of a giant computer :)

I've often wondered if we're living in a Matrix-style world. Who knows? But I'm still waiting to see
two identical cats pass by in front off my bike. Two black ones - that'd be doubly lucky, right? ;-)

--
Be careful of reading health books; you may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.