Road rage taken out on MT bikers!

Muddy Beast

Apr 3, 2005
ok, well this is my road rage story from today...

I was coming out of a hill just after the turn for the ferry line to the mukilteo speed way when I saw a kid on a bike cross the street then a car came in front of him and looked like they cut him off because he had to slam on his brakes, so i was a little upset by what they did and i started going in the direction of the car when i saw the driver roll down there window and looked like they were yelling at the kid so when i did ride by the car i asumed they were yelling at the kid blaming him about them cutting him off, so when i rode by i said, "its your fault buddy" and kept going then they took off and sped towward me *just past the fire station* and slammed on the brakes just infront of me burning out side ways so the side of the car was blocking me. The first thing i thought of when he slammed on the brakes and stopped in front was he might have a gun so i took off in the other direction *toward the fire station* and ran for my life, looking back i saw him going across the road for me and as an instink i jumped off and ran with the bike running in to peoples yards. when he started to straten out just at the fire station and i turned around thinking about leaving the bike and running, but i dint and i went off to a car and 3 people walking toward me. they asked me if i was ok and i said i was fine then when i looked back the car was on the other side of the road with the trunk open and the kid was putting his bike in the car, some other people asked me if i was ok and again i said i was fine *but of course i wasnt i was scared out of my mind* and then i thought to my self just before i said good bye and thanks to the people talking to me, hmm that kid must be in worse shape then me if hes getting in there car, i only hope he doesnt get abused or something for me being stupid and speaking my mind to someone i dont know.

now although i no i dint do the right thing by telling a stranger its his fault, he still has NO RIGHT to nearly kill me...not to mention tramatize me now i get scared outa my mind when i hear a car accelarate behind me...i duno when ill ride my bike again....*hopefully soon*

now that you've heard the story, should i sue this guy, report him to the police or what? there were like 10 other witnesses and 2 got his plate number...i was thinking if it came down to sueing him i could sue him for how scared i got because of that and buy my self a nice bike? see the problem is that im scared to ride because my helmet has a VERY distinctive Lime Green sticker on the rear left side of my helmet which i KNOW he saw, so im scared he might try to finish the job or something...what you think i shopuld do...PLEASE HELP!!

~Scott

Suing is for pussys and Idiots, unless ya got hurt, that is. Just report the incident to the cops. I the dude has a record, then he might have something to answer for, but I wouldnt expect much out of the situation.
Muddy Beast said:
ok, well this is my road rage story from today...

I was coming out of a hill just after the turn for the ferry line to the mukilteo speed way when I saw a kid on a bike cross the street then a car came in front of him and looked like they cut him off because he had to slam on his brakes, so i was a little upset by what they did and i started going in the direction of the car when i saw the driver roll down there window and looked like they were yelling at the kid so when i did ride by the car i asumed they were yelling at the kid blaming him about them cutting him off, so when i rode by i said, "its your fault buddy" and kept going then they took off and sped towward me *just past the fire station* and slammed on the brakes just infront of me burning out side ways so the side of the car was blocking me. The first thing i thought of when he slammed on the brakes and stopped in front was he might have a gun so i took off in the other direction *toward the fire station* and ran for my life, looking back i saw him going across the road for me and as an instink i jumped off and ran with the bike running in to peoples yards. when he started to straten out just at the fire station and i turned around thinking about leaving the bike and running, but i dint and i went off to a car and 3 people walking toward me. they asked me if i was ok and i said i was fine then when i looked back the car was on the other side of the road with the trunk open and the kid was putting his bike in the car, some other people asked me if i was ok and again i said i was fine *but of course i wasnt i was scared out of my mind* and then i thought to my self just before i said good bye and thanks to the people talking to me, hmm that kid must be in worse shape then me if hes getting in there car, i only hope he doesnt get abused or something for me being stupid and speaking my mind to someone i dont know.

now although i no i dint do the right thing by telling a stranger its his fault, he still has NO RIGHT to nearly kill me...not to mention tramatize me now i get scared outa my mind when i hear a car accelarate behind me...i duno when ill ride my bike again....*hopefully soon*

now that you've heard the story, should i sue this guy, report him to the police or what? there were like 10 other witnesses and 2 got his plate number...i was thinking if it came down to sueing him i could sue him for how scared i got because of that and buy my self a nice bike? see the problem is that im scared to ride because my helmet has a VERY distinctive Lime Green sticker on the rear left side of my helmet which i KNOW he saw, so im scared he might try to finish the job or something...what you think i shopuld do...PLEASE HELP!!

~Scott

Might I suggest taking the distinctive bright green sticker off of your helmet if your worried about being spotted? I doubt a lawsuit or a police report will go very far. The police will maybe go through the motions of taking a report and then tell you there's nothing they can do.

yeah...well now its not such a big deal because im over it and i wont let him get wat he wants by keeping me from riding...but still, at the time thats scary as hell

~Scott

I think I probably would have stood my ground and faced him. Ecspecially if there were witnesses to watch the event. Of course I live in a area thats full of assholes, not murderers, dunno about you.

I don't mean any offense or anything either..I'm not calling you a coward for running. I will say though It was probably a mistake to take action without judging the situation. The RIGHT thing to do is STOP right there at his car and ask "Whats the Problem here?" if he says its none of your business you say "Well, it looks to me like you cut this little guy off, and are yelling at 'em for it Too..as a fellow cyclist this IS my business, sir.".

If you had done it that way the whole event probably could have been avoided. No ones going to shoot you for just talking to them in a stern but respectfull manner. Cycling by a car shouting at them is NOT the way to do things.

well standing ground for me wouldnt work, cuz im only 14 and he was like 25-28 and plus the wittnesses were all old so they wouldnt be able to help me, and he was from the ghetto so in words you never know wats gana happen... i know it was stupid to yell at him but i already had a bad day riding from cars parked on the sidewalk on buisy roads, ect. so i wasnt to happy...not to mention he was still an idiot...lol...*he looked kinda like eminem too so yeah he was like white ghetto trash :)*

~Scott

Muddy Beast said:
well standing ground for me wouldnt work, cuz im only 14 and he was like 25-28 and plus the wittnesses were all old so they wouldnt be able to help me, and he was from the ghetto so in words you never know wats gana happen... i know it was stupid to yell at him but i already had a bad day riding from cars parked on the sidewalk on buisy roads, ect. so i wasnt to happy...not to mention he was still an idiot...lol...*he looked kinda like eminem too so yeah he was like white ghetto trash :)*

~Scott
To be honest, I think your course of action was pretty silly.

The best thing to do would have been to stop, and observe. You would then have had all the information you needed to diecide what to do next: intervene, call the cops, move on, whatever.

Hopefully you've learnt something and next time you are in a similar situation it will work out better :).

As a guy who's a few years older than you, let me give you some advice that will serve you well for the rest of your life:

1) If you're on a bike and the road-rage nut is in a car, stay away from him, keep your mouth shut, and keep your fingers to yourself. If you want to get his license number and call the cops later that's fine, but a 100 lb kid on a 40 lb bike is no match for a psychotic in 3000 lbs of steel.

2) Never argue with a cop. They have sticks and guns. Never give them an excuse to make an excuse to use either.

TD