Road rage...

Volnix said:
I miss that Christiania place and the bodegas. :) The prices... Not too much. :D
Haha yeah, the prices are pretty awful in Denmark, Christiania certainly is a special place as well, (pretty awesome during the summer months) :D

The weather truly does suck for cyclists, perhaps that may have a role to play in the widespread road-rage :rolleyes:

Road rage is par the course down here in South Africa. I was checking a YouTube video and I've just realized that the coastal areas of the country have even worse road rage, than there are around Johannesburg. People have gotten shot and killed during road rage incidents, it's a mad house.

I very rarely run into road rage, but if I do, I try my best to just avoid and ignore the person unless he is going to threaten me...

Road rage is par the course down here in South Africa. I was checking a YouTube video and I've just realized that the coastal areas of the country have even worse road rage, than there are around Johannesburg. People have gotten shot and killed during road rage incidents, it's a mad house.
Getting shot because a car is badly parked just seems like a waste. Now I understand the other thread that's on the forum about caring a gun with you.

That is a shame bro. I really feel like million buck when riding my bike. The best thing is that when I confront these kind of aggressive dudes, bikers, car drivers etc., I usually go on the sidewalk or pavement. It is even more frustrating for them because I move freely and they are ****** off because of the rush hour. My mind is relaxed at that point. The best thing is when I go for a long ride to a some other town and fellow riders honk from the other direction. It is wonderful.

I'm a pretty docile personality, but I do get somewhat upset when people do really stupid stuff, like the car last week that decided to cut around me right after I signaled a left turn I was just a second from starting. I was going uphill, so I couldn't signal THAT far in advance without losing all my momentum, but he had no excuse for that, he had plenty of time to decide to wait a couple more seconds for me to turn and get out of his way. Almost yelled "thanks a lot" at him.

The other thing that gets to me is when a deer is hanging out in the grass strip between the road and the sidewalk and I never if or when it might dart out. I've had them jump right in front of me, so I always go really slow past deer if moving left isn't an option due to cars. The deer in our town are a serious problem.

I try to suppress my urges to plunges my fingers onto some jackass's eyesockets feeling like the king of the road. I'll live longer If I just take a deep breath and....... imagine them as roadkill.

Heck, I even get road rage in the supermarket. Those double parked shopping carts make me want to scream and knock a few heads together. ;) I don't experience too much road rage on my bike, but then again, I don't live in a high traffic area either. Apparently in my area, bikers do tend to turn a few heads though. I've been stared at many times while riding, which does give me a tiny bit of rage. I don't know if they're staring because I look good on a bike, or stupid on one. Whatever the case may be, they stare, and I want to disappear. Oh well, at least they know I'm out there on the road.

I used to get serious road rage... but i lived in California, and had to drive on the highways to and from work. Haven't had that problem since I left there...:D