Road Rides in Sydney

dain2772

Aug 13, 2006
Hello all,

I am looking for some good middle distance (60-150km) organised road rides around Sydney. I am planning to do the loop the lake ride around Lake Macquarie and will do the Sydney to the Gong ride, but that is only two rides for the year!

Any help would be good.

Where are you located? Join a local club. The Waterfall ride is around 80-100km return depending on your starting point.

Take a look at www.bikely.com and do a search under Sydney - there's not many/any rides fo that distance but you'll probably find some good rides that you can use as a starting point and add onto...

Obviously depends on where in Sydney. If north side of harbor, try Renegade Cycles at Lane Cove for a Saturday morning group ride (they have a A, B or C group depending on speed) which is usually 60-90kms. Or try Peleton (operates out of Turramurra Cyclery), who have 5 organised group rides a week.

Good areas to ride in Sydney's north are around Terry Hills (Akuna Bay, West Head, Church Point), Bobbin Head, Galston/Berowra, Old Pacific Highway to Brooklyn or Mt White

ps. hope you like hills - all these rides have them in spades!

dain2772 said:
Hello all,

I am looking for some good middle distance (60-150km) organised road rides around Sydney. I am planning to do the loop the lake ride around Lake Macquarie and will do the Sydney to the Gong ride, but that is only two rides for the year!

Any help would be good.
Every weekend the various bike clubs do rides in that range. Just depends where you live, my club Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club (DHBC) rides out of Marrickville and heads south to Waterfall on a route similar to that portion of the Gong ride.

dain2772 said:
Hello all,

Any help would be good.
There is also the Central Coast Century, which has a 100km option.