rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion

Road Riding in DC area

Started by Alan · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,421 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides archive
Published
2 June 2004
Last activity
2 June 2004
Original author
Alan
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,421
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am going to be in the DC area for a few days staying at
    GW University. Any ideas about decent rides of up to 75
    mi or so I can do? Is it worth bringing my bike? I have
    found a few web sites for clubs in DC and I am trying to
    contact them.

    Thanks,

    Alan

  2. "Alan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am going to be in the DC area for a few days staying at
    GW University. Any ideas about decent rides of up to 75
    mi or so I can do? Is it worth bringing my bike? I have
    found a few web sites for clubs in DC and I am trying to
    contact them.

    Thanks,

    Alan

    bikepptc.orgbikepptc.org is a good bet or if you are a racer
    try

    ncvc.netncvc.net

  3. From GW, go across Key Bridge on the up river side and catch
    the Custis Trail which runs along I66. (Just continue along
    the sidewalk past the Marriott. From the Custis trail, hit
    the WOD trail and turn right. Continue to the end in
    Purcellville and return. All the trails are paved and well
    maintained. Total round trip about 95 miles.

    "Alan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I am going to be in the DC area for a few days staying at
    GW University. Any ideas about decent rides of up to 75
    mi or so I can do? Is it worth bringing my bike? I have
    found a few web sites for clubs in DC and I am trying to
    contact them.

    Thanks,

    Alan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.