Road Riding in DC area

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Alan, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I am going to be in the DC area for a few days staying at GW University.
    Any ideas about decent rides of up to 75 mi or so I can do? Is it worth
    bringing my bike? I have found a few web sites for clubs in DC and I am
    trying to contact them.

    Thanks,

    Alan

    Tags:

  2. Tim Arnold

    Tim Arnold Guest

    "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I am going to be in the DC area for a few days staying at GW University.
    > Any ideas about decent rides of up to 75 mi or so I can do? Is it worth
    > bringing my bike? I have found a few web sites for clubs in DC and I am
    > trying to contact them.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alan

    http://www.bikepptc.org is a good bet or if you are a racer try

    http://www.ncvc.net/

  3. From GW, go across Key Bridge on the up river side and catch the
    Custis Trail which runs along I66. (Just continue along the sidewalk
    past the Marriott. From the Custis trail, hit the WOD trail and turn
    right. Continue to the end in Purcellville and return. All the
    trails are paved and well maintained. Total round trip about 95
    miles.