Road Riding with a CycleOps Skewer?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim Meyers, Mar 25, 2003.

  1. Jim Meyers

    Jim Meyers Guest

    Does anyone know a reason not to road ride with the skewer that comes with the CycleOps
    trainer? TIA.

    --Jim

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Jim Meyers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know a reason not to road ride with the skewer that comes with the CycleOps
    > trainer? TIA.

    No reason not to. The tradistional-style skewer is include in the package with trainers because of
    late some bicycles ( Shimano-equipped and their ilk) use a variant that cannot be cupped securely by
    the trainer's mount. We use a simple trainer for bike fits and find ourselves swapping skewers a lot
    because of this. In fairness, all three present designs can hold the wheel adequately ( if their cam
    is lubricated and they are adjusted correctly). The issue is only one of fit in the trainer.