Road Riding with a CycleOps Skewer?

Jim Meyers

Guest
Does anyone know a reason not to road ride with the skewer that comes with the CycleOps
trainer? TIA.

--Jim

"Jim Meyers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know a reason not to road ride with the skewer that comes with the CycleOps
> trainer? TIA.

No reason not to. The tradistional-style skewer is include in the package with trainers because of
late some bicycles ( Shimano-equipped and their ilk) use a variant that cannot be cupped securely by
the trainer's mount. We use a simple trainer for bike fits and find ourselves swapping skewers a lot
because of this. In fairness, all three present designs can hold the wheel adequately ( if their cam
is lubricated and they are adjusted correctly). The issue is only one of fit in the trainer.