Road seatpost with the most setback ?

mrhappy

Sep 15, 2003
Hey Kids,

Trying to get my seat back a bit further and was wondering what seatposts would give me the most backward range.

Thanks,

MH

Originally posted by mrhappy
Hey Kids,

Trying to get my seat back a bit further and was wondering what seatposts would give me the most backward range.

Thanks,

MH

The easton ec90 post has nice setback, that's what i use

I have an old dragster seat which should give you all the setback you need. Even comes with a sissy bar to stop you sliding off the back.

As an alternative, fi'sik

Thanks for the replies.

Couldn't find my old gold sparkle bananna seat/sissy bar however out of the ones mentioned it looks like and Easton might do the trick. I'm looking at the EC70 model.

Probably would get me back 8-10mm beyond my current setup.

Couldn't find a "fi'sik" seatpost...only their saddles.

Thanks again,

MH

…that's about average for a post that claims to have a setback. I believe my Thompson had something sucky like 18mm. I didn't like it really because the bend in the post limited the amount that the seat could go down. I have to say my LBS warned me about that aspect, but I wanted the sweet clamp and I didn't think it would be a problem but it turned out I was wrong.

The FSA seems to have a very nice clamp and a good amount of setback. I'm shopping for one of these myself, so post here if you find anything out.

Easton was recommended to me, but I'm looking for a post with a two-bolt clamp. There aren't that many designs out there that seem as sweet as the Thompson and the FSA clamps. Don't overlook Salsa. They have a good post with setback as well.

The Thomson only has about 16mm setback so its one of the posts with least setback there is. The Easton EC70 has 43mm of setback but it varies slightly depending on the angle the clamp is set to. It is currently as far as I know the post with the most setback there is.

See the Ritchey website www.ritcheylogic.com, their newer posts have about 25-26mm. I've had one under me for 6 months and it does its job, but the bolt system is a bit finicky. There's also a Time semi-aero post with 40mm setback and two-bolt clamping - not the lightest out there but effective and strong. (I have one gathering dust in my garage since I had a fairly laid-back frame built for me).

Originally posted by Hecubus
The Thomson only has about 16mm setback so its one of the posts with least setback there is. The Easton EC70 has 43mm of setback but it varies slightly depending on the angle the clamp is set to. It is currently as far as I know the post with the most setback there is.