Road shoe cleat Question

Guest
I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the cleats I
have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

Jerry

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:24:37 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
>float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the cleats I
>have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
>degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

It depends on your body and how your bike is set up. I think you
should use the minimal amount of float that doesn't cause anything to
ache.
--
JT
****************************

On Mar 29, 2:24 am, <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
> float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the cleats I
> have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
> degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks
>
> Jerry

Are you trying to correct some problem? Do you have an issue with 9
degrees of float? Pain, discomfort or something?

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:24:37 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
>float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the cleats I
>have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
>degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

I've got pedals with float and no float. I think float is good. Adjusting the
no-floaters is extraordinarily fussy and tedious. The float lets you tweak your
position a little as you go.

Ron

On Mar 29, 6:56 am, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:24:37 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
> >float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the cleats I
> >have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
> >degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

> I've got pedals with float and no float. I think float is good. Adjusting the
> no-floaters is extraordinarily fussy and tedious. The float lets you tweak your
> position a little as you go.
>
> Ron

I Think float 'can' be good and help a lot in their cycling but not a
panacea for all ills. Depends on the rider. Why we are big fans of
Speedplay Zeros, where it's easy to customize the float. I used to
have symmetric, biggish float, now have little, just a wee bit heal
out...like it more, more secure feeling.

> On Mar 29, 2:24 am, <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
>> float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the
>> cleats I
>> have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
>> degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks
>>
>> Jerry

> Are you trying to correct some problem? Do you have an issue with 9
> degrees of float? Pain, discomfort or something?

No I just put on my first pair of clipless pedals and I was just wondering
if float is better then no float and vise versa. as for issues I guess I
just have to get used to the feeling of the movement while I'm clipped in.
no pain or discomfort so far but I did notice an increase in my speed.

Jerry

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:24:37 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
>>float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the cleats
>>have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
>>degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

> I've got pedals with float and no float. I think float is good. Adjusting
> the
> no-floaters is extraordinarily fussy and tedious. The float lets you tweak
> your
> position a little as you go.
>
> Ron

Thanks for your Help.

Jerry

> On Mar 29, 6:56 am, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:24:37 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees of
>> >float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the
>> >cleats I
>> >have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
>> >degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

>> I've got pedals with float and no float. I think float is good. Adjusting
>> the
>> no-floaters is extraordinarily fussy and tedious. The float lets you
>> tweak your
>> position a little as you go.
>>
>> Ron

> I Think float 'can' be good and help a lot in their cycling but not a
> panacea for all ills. Depends on the rider. Why we are big fans of
> Speedplay Zeros, where it's easy to customize the float. I used to
> have symmetric, biggish float, now have little, just a wee bit heal
> out...like it more, more secure feeling.

Yeah I was wondering about that I seem to have more movement in the heel
then I thought I would guess I just have to get used to it until I find a
cleat the offers less float. thanks for you help

Jerry

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:31:53 -0400, <[email protected]> wrote:

> "RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:24:37 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I was just wondering what you all thought about the different degrees
>>> of
>>> float fir the look style cleats. I have 9 degrees of float with the
>>> cleats
>>> have now and was wondering which is better the ones I have now or the 0
>>> degrees of float cleats. any help would be great. thanks

>> I've got pedals with float and no float. I think float is good.
>> Adjusting
>> the
>> no-floaters is extraordinarily fussy and tedious. The float lets you
>> tweak
>> your
>> position a little as you go.
>>
>> Ron

> Thanks for your Help.
>
> Jerry

I've ridden with no float and with float, and the latter is much easier.
Having said that, I went from Speedplay (lots of float) to Time (not so
much) and like the Times better. One reason is less float.

--
Bob in CT

Bob, I agree with you. I prefer a narrower angle and some centering
action for better positioning. Otherwise my feet and legs are
literally all over the place. Doesn't bother me that much, but it
sort of scares off people who were following behind.

On Mar 29, 3:51 pm, "Bob in CT" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've ridden with no float and with float, and the latter is much easier.
> Having said that, I went from Speedplay (lots of float) to Time (not so
> much) and like the Times better. One reason is less float.
>
> --
> Bob in CT

Yeah, I always thought it was wierd for my feet to hit the frame (only
happened periodically) or for my legs to flop around. So, I went back to
using Times and decided I liked them better.

--
Bob in CT