Road shoes

tankman10024

Nov 27, 2006
Ok here is my question. what do you think about white road shoes? i am thinking of getting specialized pro carbon road shoes in white now do only the pros wear white shoes?

tankman

tankman10024 said:
Ok here is my question. what do you think about white road shoes? i am thinking of getting specialized pro carbon road shoes in white now do only the pros wear white shoes?

tankman

Who cares? I did a Century last year in 95* heat, gawd knows what the road temp was, my back paws got barbequed...so I want some white or maybe silver shoes for rides like that...with penty of mesh...

Maybe the Pro's wear white shoes for the same reason in toasty climes:confused:

Apart from keeping them looking clean, there is no problem. If everything else you wear is red or green maybe they won't be so good. I have black shoes, good ol' black. Goes with anything. Please spare everyone some pain and don't wear white knicks.

I would worry what might happen when you ride in rain and they get covered with grime kicked up by your front wheel. I know when I get caught in the rain with white socks, they turn gray and you cannot wash it out. That is why I use black socks.

tankman10024 said:

tankman
I have white shoes. I didn't particularly want white, but the model and size I needed was only available in White at the time. Who cares as long as they are comfy and perform well? Besides it's kind of nice not matching everyone in my club in their black shoes.

LAKE make plenty of white and silver shoes, high performance w/o breaking the bank! remember they are all made in asia somewhere just some companies spend more on rider endorsements & full page advertising.

Bro Deal said:
I would worry what might happen when you ride in rain and they get covered with grime kicked up by your front wheel. I know when I get caught in the rain with white socks, they turn gray and you cannot wash it out. That is why I use black socks.
Yep, they sure are hard to wash out.

Try Cold Power (a cold water specific laundry detergent), try bleach, try citrus degreaser! :D

PeterF said:
I have white shoes. I didn't particularly want white, but the model and size I needed was only available in White at the time. Who cares as long as they are comfy and perform well? Besides it's kind of nice not matching everyone in my club in their black shoes.
Exactly. I got to pay 30 Euro less on my white Sidi Genius shoes as everyone else wanted them in black. Who cares if they are not quite as white as when they were new?

I'm not pro, sweet deal a year ago, comfy as my feet can request, they perform really well, and I don't try hard to keep them white ...

shoesdec06002.jpg

white knicks? are you crazy...hahahaha

bobbyOCR said:
Apart from keeping them looking clean, there is no problem. If everything else you wear is red or green maybe they won't be so good. I have black shoes, good ol' black. Goes with anything. Please spare everyone some pain and don't wear white knicks.

you right this is another reason why i want to get white shoes, cause mostly everybody wears black shoes, sometimes you dont know if going with what everybody else is wearing or being the odd ball and being different

PeterF said:

It could just be practical - if you do a lot of riding in the summer light colored shoes are very very good. One race both the hubby and I did had a 101 mile stage and it was in the 90's that day. My feet in their light blue and silver shoes fared fine, the hubby with his black shoes was concerned that when he removed his shoes he'd find blistered cooked feet. He's on the lookout for white shoe covers...

Eden
I never even thought about how color effects your feet but you right lighter colors do keep you cooler than darker colors

Thx
tankman

Eden said:
It could just be practical - if you do a lot of riding in the summer light colored shoes are very very good. One race both the hubby and I did had a 101 mile stage and it was in the 90's that day. My feet in their light blue and silver shoes fared fine, the hubby with his black shoes was concerned that when he removed his shoes he'd find blistered cooked feet. He's on the lookout for white shoe covers...