Road Wheelsets ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by A.C., May 12, 2003.

  1. A.C.

    A.C. Guest

    Looking to upgrade the stock wheels on my roadbike '02 LeMond Alpe-D'Huez (steel, 105). Intened
    use : for mostly training, occasional race/triathlon and whatever else I get talked into. Rider
    Weight : 170lbs.

    Deciding between the Mavic Cosmos and Ksyrium Elite wheelsets.

    Is it worth the extra dough to get the Ksyrium's ???

    Thanks for the feedback.....

    Tags:

  2. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    Let's start a long thread here. I'm eyeballing the aerohead based american classic wheels.
    200lbs here.

    :)

    --
    Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
    8C71 Did you know that 1 barn yard atmosphere = 9.2e-17 erg?

  3. AC-<< Looking to upgrade the stock wheels on my roadbike '02 LeMond Alpe-D'Huez (steel, 105).
    Intened use : for mostly training, occasional race/triathlon and whatever else I get talked into.
    Rider Weight : 170lbs.

    Deciding between the Mavic Cosmos and Ksyrium Elite wheelsets.

    Why not go see a good wheelbuilder and have them design a wheelset specifically for you and
    your needs??

    Like 105 or ultegra hubs, Velocity rims, like Aerohead OCR rims or Fusion, DB spokes, perhaps Revs
    on the front.....

  4. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    Just keep what you have. You aren't going to get any real upgrade by spending the $ other than the
    psychological value.

    On Tue, 13 May 2003 05:46:32 GMT, "A.C." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Looking to upgrade the stock wheels on my roadbike '02 LeMond Alpe-D'Huez (steel, 105). Intened use
    >: for mostly training, occasional race/triathlon and whatever else I get talked into. Rider Weight
    >: 170lbs.
    >
    >Deciding between the Mavic Cosmos and Ksyrium Elite wheelsets.
    >
    >Is it worth the extra dough to get the Ksyrium's ???
    >
    >Thanks for the feedback.....

  5. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Tue, 13 May 2003 05:53:50 GMT, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Let's start a long thread here. I'm eyeballing the aerohead based american classic wheels.
    >200lbs here.

    For some reason, American Classic doesn't recommend their wheelsets for riders of your weight, which
    is close to my weight.

    I do fine on Velocity Aerohead rims with 28 holes and thin spokes. Were I to start from scratch, I'd
    get 32 hole rears and 28 fronts.

  6. David

    David Guest

    I love my velomax orion comp. mmmmm much better than my ultegra /reflex wheelset

    David

    www.analyticcycling.com for