About to upgrade from my specialized Sirrus.
I want to be able to climb easier, go faster, ride longer comfortably. Better components.
$1500 budget but could be convinced to dig a little deeper for the right deal!
5-7', 150 lbs.
I ride 90% good paved road, 10% pothole road. The road to the lake and the back way into our farm are both gravel roads but not very long distances. Not ideal for my 700 tires on the sirrus. I may take the bike on bike paths with others but if I end up with something too snappy, I may just keep the sirrus to take on the rare bike path.
Currently I only ride 1/2 to 1 hour after work on roads with steep inclines. Mostly just looking for good quick blast exercise.
Occasional 2+ hour ride on the weekend. I want a bike that will encourage me to ride longer.
So I can either buy a road bike that can accommodate a larger tire to help the potholes and gravel or get a cyclocross with more road worthy tires. Either will be a significant upgrade from my bike.
I am not looking to get into races or anything like that.
I also live on a farm with fields and I thought with a cyclocross I could also burn in some trails on the outside.
I am a dirtbiker.