roadbikereview.com

hwttdz

Sep 28, 2003
I don't know how many of you have ever stopped by roadbikereview.com, well it's pretty usefull but there aren't very many reviews there, in fact many popular products have zero. This is just a plea asking people to review bikes and parts either when you try them out and make a decision or when you replace it, whichever seems logical.

Also if you're interested in finding reviews about parts this is a great place to go.

I hope this isn't considered spam, I couldn't find a sticky with posting rules so please be kind if this is out of order.

Originally posted by hwttdz
I hope this isn't considered spam, I couldn't find a sticky with posting rules so please be kind if this is out of order.

I don't find it spam at all. It's a free service that benefits *everyone*. I've learned a lot of what to expect from reviews, and I take them all in proper context.

Agreed. Take roadbikereview for what it's worth, and it can be pretty valuable. At best, I find it's a resource for identifying big red flags regarding certain products (ie, everyone that bought one in 2002 returned it), or confirming widespread approval (67 out of 70 respondants say its the most reliable unit they've ever used). Where subtler points of performance or preference are involved, I look elsewhere.

For cycling-related products in general, mtbr.com just might be the site to fill the void, partly. And what it comes to submitting reviews, I think people should be more active suggesting new products. As an European consumer I'd like to see more reviews on products available in Europe.