roadie geek look

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Paul Macintyre, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Can any of you point me to web sites with particularly heinous examples of roadie geek fashion. I'm
    working on a way to ridicule a roadie friend. tia

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Can any of you point me to web sites with particularly heinous examples of roadie geek fashion.
    > I'm working on a way to ridicule a roadie friend. tia

    Who cares how you look as long as you're comfortable.

    If you want to see pictures of cyclists in spandex, check out any bike race news reports.

  3. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can any of you point me to web sites with particularly heinous examples of roadie geek fashion.
    > I'm working on a way to ridicule a roadie friend.
    tia

    > Paul

    Arrgh, don't think I have the URL, but there is that one that Clyde was in, rate the bike fashion,
    an Aussie site... let me check my book marks, sometimes I save the weirdest stuff...somebody here
    has to have it....

    in the meanwhile, try doing a search for that site using keywords like "ugly bike fashion"

    penny "

  4. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    C'mon, what's that link for ugly bikers... I gave up on google...

    "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can any of you point me to web sites with particularly heinous examples of roadie geek fashion.
    > I'm working on a way to ridicule a roadie friend.
    tia

    > Paul

  5. Veloracer

    Veloracer Guest

    google for "the faces of rbr", also i think that david sommerville has a couple pics in his site
    worth looking at.

  6. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can any of you point me to web sites with particularly heinous examples of roadie geek fashion.
    > I'm working on a way to ridicule a roadie friend.
    tia

    Every once in a while I'll put my full Mapei garb on. It's ok on the Colnago, but a little funny on
    the DHi with body armor and a full face lol! Man, it really freaks out the shuttle crowd.

    Shaun Bell

  7. penny s wrote:

    > Arrgh, don't think I have the URL, but there is that one that Clyde was in, rate the bike fashion,
    > an Aussie site... let me check my book marks, sometimes I save the weirdest stuff...somebody here
    > has to have it....

    www.vorb.org.nz - worst dressed cyclist section

    Oh, and it's Kiwi, not Aussie

  8. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

  9. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Can any of you point me to web sites with particularly heinous
    examples
    > of
    > > > roadie geek fashion. I'm working on a way to ridicule a roadie
    friend.
    > > tia
    >
    > ok, I'll embarass myself...
    >
    > http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/that_true_roadie_geek_look.htm

    Is that hair on your legs or just shadows in the picture? You know you *have* to shave your
    legs, right?

  10. "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > John Atkinson wrote:
    >
    > > ok, I'll embarass myself...
    > >
    > > http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/that_true_roadie_geek_look.htm
    >
    > I like the line, "In my defence, note mtb race shoes, legs unshaven, mtb team top..."
    >
    > Unfortunately, you missed out, "...and enormous pair of the most hideously coloured gay roadie
    > shades you'll ever see outside of Elton John's bedroom"

    unfortunately Briko's fit me well and that was the only colour in the sale - besides, what were you
    doing in Elton John's bedroom anyway....

  11. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > John Atkinson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > ok, I'll embarass myself...
    > >
    > > http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/that_true_roadie_geek_look.htm
    >

    > Oh that's bad.....hell fire - you gived us Brits _baaaad_ name!
    >
    > Shaun aRe - Well, maybe it was you......?

    no it was, and anyone who wants to give abuse could always try the ride, just over 100 miles
    about 9000 feet of climbing, baking sunshine and the last two hours spent pushing clients up the
    final hills...

  12. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > John Atkinson wrote:
    > >
    > > > ok, I'll embarass myself...
    > > >
    > > > http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/that_true_roadie_geek_look.htm
    > >
    > > I like the line, "In my defence, note mtb race shoes, legs unshaven, mtb team top..."
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, you missed out, "...and enormous pair of the most hideously coloured gay roadie
    > > shades you'll ever see outside of Elton John's bedroom"
    >
    > unfortunately Briko's fit me well and that was the only colour in the
    sale -
    > besides, what were you doing in Elton John's bedroom anyway....

    Yup, I love the old style Briko's too lol. Definitely a dead roadie giveaway no matter how much
    travel you've got.

    SB

  13. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

  14. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > examples
    > > > of
    > > friend.
    > > >
    > > > ok, I'll embarass myself...
    > > >
    > > > http://www.test.fusions.co.uk/that_true_roadie_geek_look.htm
    > > >

    > > Is that hair on your legs or just shadows in the picture? You know you *have* to shave your
    > > legs, right?
    > >

    > You don't *have* to www.nairformen.com
    >
    > Mike - No ain't gonna do it.

    Ahhhh c'mon, think how silky smooth you will be!

  15. "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > John Atkinson wrote:
    >
    > > unfortunately Briko's fit me well and that was the only colour in the
    sale -
    > > besides, what were you doing in Elton John's bedroom anyway....
    >
    > Looking for Michael Barrymore...

    try the pool...

  16. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > John Atkinson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > and anyone who wants to give abuse could always try the ride, just over 100 miles about 9000
    > > feet of climbing, baking sunshine and the last two hours spent pushing clients up the final
    > > hills...
    >
    > I didn't say you were un-fit, just that you looked like a *twat ',;~}
    >

    > Shaun aRe *don't need to dress like that to achieve same result....

    by 'the same result' do you mean looking like a twat? pretty much however you dress you seem to
    achieve that! ;-)