Roadside drug tests strike early

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Marty Wallace, Dec 13, 2004.

  1. mfhor

    mfhor New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    The number of times I've been (felicitously) waved past booze buses on my bike . . .

    Is there any truth to the rumour that the MBTC was asked by the NE Vic poilice to stop their 'Winery Walkabout" tours because of several unsavoury traffic-related incidents following extended tasting sessions at local wineries, and the occasional involuntary decanting of bike, rider and several, formerly intact bottles of red onto the bitumen?

    After an E or two, even Ford F250 drivers love cyclists . . . surely a good thing . . . ?

    M "it's all good" H

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "mfhor" <[email protected]
    > Marty Wallace Wrote:
    > > http://tinyurl.com/4tojz

    > The number of times I've been (felicitously) waved past booze buses on
    > my bike . . .

    I love that! :)

    > After an E or two, even Ford F250 drivers love cyclists . . . surely a
    > good thing . . . ?

    Yeah.. they should only test for depressants..
    everything else makes the driver better! :)

    Can the system detect hallucinogens?

    If I've just had a couple of Sudafed or other
    ephedrine/pseudoephedrine based product..
    will that register on their doovermajig?

    hippy

  3. "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:

    > Can the system detect hallucinogens?

    No, itis specifically designed to test only for Meth-amphetamines and THC
    (in dope)

    > If I've just had a couple of Sudafed or other
    > ephedrine/pseudoephedrine based product..
    > will that register on their doovermajig?

    Heard a good suggestion today as a generic name for the vehicle - 'bongovan'
    :) love it

    No, Sudafed will not test positive (see comments above)

    Cheers
    Peter