Roadside/emergency bike repair photos

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by D.M. Procida, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. D.M. Procida

    D.M. Procida Guest

    Hi. I'd like to illustrate some graphics teaching I'm doing (secondary
    school) with a photo of someone doing some roadside bike repair. It can
    be anything, and if it's pouring with rain and the situation looks grim
    so much the better. Anyone got any suitable photos they wouldn't mind
    being used in an educational context?

    I also want to illustrate some copyright issues, so I will be explaining
    how I needed to ask permission before use and so on.

    Thanks,

    Daniele

    Tags:

  2. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:34:36 +0000,
    [email protected] (D.M. Procida) wrote:

    >Hi. I'd like to illustrate some graphics teaching I'm doing (secondary
    >school) with a photo of someone doing some roadside bike repair. It can
    >be anything, and if it's pouring with rain and the situation looks grim
    >so much the better. Anyone got any suitable photos they wouldn't mind
    >being used in an educational context?
    >
    >I also want to illustrate some copyright issues, so I will be explaining
    >how I needed to ask permission before use and so on.

    I've had a trawl through the Surrey and Sussex Tandem Club website and
    picked out a few. As the urls seem a bit long winded I've downloaded
    the images and can email them to you. Is it OK to email you directly?

    Tim

  3. D.M. Procida

    D.M. Procida Guest

    Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:34:36 +0000,
    > [email protected] (D.M. Procida) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi. I'd like to illustrate some graphics teaching I'm doing (secondary
    > >school) with a photo of someone doing some roadside bike repair. It can
    > >be anything, and if it's pouring with rain and the situation looks grim
    > >so much the better. Anyone got any suitable photos they wouldn't mind
    > >being used in an educational context?
    > >
    > >I also want to illustrate some copyright issues, so I will be explaining
    > >how I needed to ask permission before use and so on.

    > I've had a trawl through the Surrey and Sussex Tandem Club website and
    > picked out a few. As the urls seem a bit long winded I've downloaded
    > the images and can email them to you. Is it OK to email you directly?

    Yes, that would be fine. Or email me the longwinded URLs. Anything will
    be gratefully received.

    Daniele

  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

  5. D.M. Procida

    D.M. Procida Guest

  6. Bob

    Bob Guest

    If you login to Flickr then lots of extra options are available - like
    "ALL SIZES".
    You can open a Flickr account for free. It is part of Yahoo so you
    should be able to login with your Yahoo username if you have one.

    Photos are tagged with keywords, so you might find some more if you
    search for "puncture" or something.

    Bob.

  7. davek

    davek Guest

    D.M. Procida wrote:
    > if it's pouring with rain and the situation looks grim
    > so much the better. Anyone got any suitable photos they wouldn't mind
    > being used in an educational context?

    How soon do you need them? I've got a few Audax rides coming up, which
    is usually a cue for the Puncture Fairy and her close friend the Bad
    Weather Fairy to put in an appearance - I shall get some shots for you
    if an appropriate opportunity arises. :)

    d.

  8. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    davek wrote:

    > How soon do you need them? I've got a few Audax rides coming up, which
    > is usually a cue for the Puncture Fairy and her close friend the Bad
    > Weather Fairy to put in an appearance - I shall get some shots for you
    > if an appropriate opportunity arises. :)

    Are you stalking me?

    --
    Dave...

  9. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    davek wrote:

    > How soon do you need them? I've got a few Audax rides coming up, which
    > is usually a cue for the Puncture Fairy and her close friend the Bad
    > Weather Fairy to put in an appearance - I shall get some shots for you
    > if an appropriate opportunity arises. :)

    Are you stalking me?

    --
    Dave...

  10. davek

    davek Guest

    dkahn400 wrote:
    > Are you stalking me?

    No, I can't keep up with you!

    d.

  11. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    davek wrote:
    > dkahn400 wrote:
    > > Are you stalking me?

    > No, I can't keep up with you!

    You will when I puncture.

    --
    Dave...

  12. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message
    <1hatibi.12ckwiv1qw1tm6N%[email protected]>,
    D.M. Procida ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Hi. I'd like to illustrate some graphics teaching I'm doing (secondary
    > school) with a photo of someone doing some roadside bike repair. It can
    > be anything, and if it's pouring with rain and the situation looks grim
    > so much the better. Anyone got any suitable photos they wouldn't mind
    > being used in an educational context?
    >
    > I also want to illustrate some copyright issues, so I will be
    > explaining how I needed to ask permission before use and so on.

    Not exactly what the doctor ordered, but is this any use?
    <URL:http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/tmp/PHTO0031.JPG>

    ; ... of course nothing said here will be taken notice of by
    ; the W3C. The official place to be ignored is on www-style or
    ; www-html. -- George Lund

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    dkahn400 ([email protected]) wrote:
    > davek wrote:
    > > dkahn400 wrote:
    > > > Are you stalking me?

    > > No, I can't keep up with you!

    > You will when I puncture.

    Did You Know Who come a-visiting on the Marlborough Connection, then?

    All your call centre are belong to us.

  14. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:

    > Did You Know Who come a-visiting on the Marlborough Connection, then?

    No. Amazingly enough I had been puncture free so far this year until
    this Tuesday evening when I picked up a sliver of brown glass on the
    one-way system in Kingston town centre. I was only being lulled into a
    false sense of security.

    --
    Dave...