Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist not need worry!

Apr 11, 2005
Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist not need worry!

July 23/06 11:55pm EDT - National DH Championships: an editorial

Posted by Editor on 7/24/06.

“The Downhill Nationals had a beautiful day and strong rides by newcomers to the sport marred during the awards presentation by a disgusting display of bad sportsmanship during the women's presentation.

Michelle Dumaresq won her third title here in Whistler, beating Danika Schroeter and the rest of the women's field. Schroeter is one of a number of women downhillers who have been vocal in their opposition to Dumaresq competing in the women's category, since she is a transsexual (i.e., formerly a man). (Gimme a break!!!)

The CCA has been trying to increase sponsorship for all areas of the sport - we better hope that no potential sponsors saw this display. The awards took place on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of Whistler Village, with many non-cyclists and families looking on - what sort of impression do you think that this is going to leave?”

-30-

Rob “Toe-the-party-line” Jones, editor of Canadian Cyclist Magazine which relies heavily on CCA support and therefore panders to them and ignores their obvious and flagrant failures, voiced this concern, “we better hope that no potential sponsors saw this display.”

No need to worry there, Rob. The Canadian Cycling Association and its marketing Director Kim Sebrango who has been on the job for over a year, have not found one new monetary sponsor in about SEVEN YEARS. They have not even found ONE EQUIPMENT sponsor. Current Canadian National Championships are a farce. They are ignored by media and held on shoestring budgets. The championshuips, like the supposed "leadership" in Ottawa, are an embarassment.

The Canadian Cycling Association under the Executive Directorship of Steve Lacelle has been a total failure in generating sponsors or creating any growth in the sport.

The Canadian Cycling Association on Ottawa is an IMPEDIMENT AND EMBARRASSMENT TO THE SPORT.

Furthermore, Danika Schroeter and the other women are correct to oppose the participation of transsexuals in women’s categories.

Good for her. Riders, teams and sponsors who want to see growth and progress in the sport should consider forming their own breakaway federation and challenging in court the authority of the CCA to oversee the sport since they have failed so dismally year after year to do anything positive.

Dan Schroeter (Danika's) father wrote:

"Rob’s editorial sounds like it’s calling for her head on a platter over this incident. Given the weight that Rob’s views have in the community, I’m disappointed that he didn’t check out the story a bit further before rushing out an editorial, or even include a fuller description of how she came to be wearing the shirt, given that he observed the incident. Danika was certainly available after the event and talked to other media representatives."

Rob Jones counters, "Dan, I appreciate your very articulate and reasoned response. First, to address the issue of why I did not speak to Danika: I spoke with Michelle and Adrienne before the podiums began, but Danika was not available (ie, had not arrived) by the time the first awards were being made and I had to go out in front to take photos. After the women's podium I had to stay for the men's podium, then the photo of all the national champions. Then i had to interview Andrew Mitchell (men's champion) before he left. By that point (probably 25 minutes after the women's podium) I could not find Danika."

Typical Rob jones bullshite!

Rob has a history of not talking to people he writes about. He did it for years with Pedal Magazine covering my Evian team. He even used to hide in bushes to picture. He would fill his stories with opinions and conjecture but never talk to the subject of his work.

He did it at Hamilton 2003 until he started getting contracts from them. He wrote about the sponsorship research without speaking to ONE PERSON IN THE HAMILTON 2003 OFFICES. I know, I was there and called him about it to protest. I explained he could stop by anytime to get a first hand accountig if he wanted one.. He only lived 20 minutes away.

He couldn't find Danika!!!!!

Typical Rob Jones bullshite.

Has Rob Jones had time to find Danika Schroeter yet?

Where's Danika?????

Danika???

Yoooo hooo?

Give Rob a call he doesn't know how to reach you.

That a transsexual won the "Women's" title doesn't seem to bother Canadian Cyclist Magazine Editor, Rob “Doofus” Jones. He was worried that potential sponsors might have seen female Danika Schroeter wearing a supposedly inappropriate t-shirt on the podium at the Canadian Women's Downhill Championships a couple weeks ago. That was unlikely since new sponsors now never show up to Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) events, especially not with Kim Sebrango as the CCA Marketing Director.

However, the old sponsor, Tim Horton’s (The TDL Group Corp.), must have been there since they sponsor the event and ALL national cycling teams (if you can call the pittance they give to the CCA sponsorship). Tim Horton’s is a family-oriented coffee shop restaurant chain. How does Tim Horton’s feel about sponsoring a transsexual on the women’s national cycling team and awarding the transsexual a medal? Are transsexuals a target market for Tim Horton’s?

Rather than being concerned about what sponsors might think about a women wearing an inappropriate t-shirt on a podium, Doofus Jones should be concerned about what sponsors think about making a transsexual a national women’s champion and then having her representing the country abroad in international competition.

Talk about political correctness biting you on the ass!

There’s a great message Canada is sending abroad to the international community, “Canada, where the women are men and the men leave the country”. That’s the message from Canadian cycling these days. Nothing like putting our best “foot” forward…!

Wonderful.

Rob, are transsexuals good for business? Rob, if you pull your head of out of the sand long enough you might figure out that having a transsexual as your national women’s champion is probably a reason why many sponsors are staying away, not inapporpriate t-shirts.

Does Tim Horton’s like to have its National Team jersey front and center on all the Tranny support web sites around the world? Because it is. Just Google “Michelle Dumaresq” and photos of her in her Tim Horton’s national team jersey are splashed everywhere on these fringe web sites. If I were Tim Horton’s I’d use the morality clause that is no doubt in their contract to opt out of the deal with the CCA. If I was the CCA in Ottawa I’d think about stirring a batch of Jim Jones Kool-Aid.