Robbie Mac, back to his truculent best

Crankyfeet said:
How unusual is it for Robbie to win two stages in a row? I thought he liked to recover the legs a bit in his old age after a good lactic acid burn.
Can't recall him winning 2 in a row in the Tour or Giro since I've been paying attention the last few years ... think in 2006 it was stages 2, 4, 6 of the Giro and then the same in the Tour?

but in 2005 he won 2 back-to-back 1.HC ranked races on a weekend, Paris-Bruxelles and the GP de Fourmies (not quite the Tour, but still).

So the journo reporting that McEwen is a rude ******** is the journo not getting the exclusive live interview on the phone post-race, even though he is there, waiting, pen in hand, for some interview answers for his deadline and his career... and the other reporter getting the interview hasn't even had to come to the race... Hmmm.....

Methinks that these off-hand comments happen a lot with many of the pros... but aren't reported because it isn't worth ruining the journo-athlete relationship.

And typically, journos may not be as ****** off as this journo perhaps was, given that Robbie effectively snubbed him... and he may think McEwen won't be back for this race much in the future in any case, given McEwen's age... so there's not much upside to massaging the almost non-existent relationship they obviously have.

Well Macca got 5 pages dedicated to him so liked or not - he is popular!

Personally I think he's a snivelling little half man with an over developed "little man syndrome". But then again I also believe that only males over 6 foot should be called men.

/prepares for the firebombing from "the boys".

On another note - Aussies are rather crass - pleasantly so - my time spent in Aus was fantastic - I can see how the Swiss would not enjoy him much though.

Eldron said:
Well Macca got 5 pages dedicated to him so liked or not - he is popular!

Personally I think he's a snivelling little half man with an over developed "little man syndrome". But then again I also believe that only males over 6 foot should be called men.

/prepares for the firebombing from "the boys".

On another note - Aussies are rather crass - pleasantly so - my time spent in Aus was fantastic - I can see how the Swiss would not enjoy him much though.
Yep. Switzerland can go and get farked for alll I care.

Not only are Aussies pleasantly despicable they are also jovially rotund.
Australia is officially the heavyweight champion of the world, according to new figures showing the nation has a greater proportion of obese citizens than the United States.
Former despicable rotund Aussie myself.