McEwen takes stage win
http://www.sportal.com.au/othersports.asp?i=news&id=82197
Australian cyclist Robbie McEwen has dominated a sprint finish in the second stage of the Giro d'Italia to beat strong rivals Alessandro Petacchi and Paolo Bettini. McEwen (Davitamon) maintained his record of winning at least one stage on the Giro each year since 2002, when he edged German Olaf Pollack (T-Mobile), Bettini (Quick Step) and Petacchi (Milram) in the closing metres of the 197km stage from Mons to Charleroi Marcinelle in Belgium. Defending champion Paolo Savoldelli (Discovery Channel) retained the leader's pink jersey and a lead of 11 seconds over Australian Bradley McGee.

On 2006-05-08, gplama (aka Bruce)
> ****spoiler Alert*******

Darth Vader dies.

--
TimC
An Emacs reference mug is what I want. It would hold ten gallons of coffee.
-- Steve VanDevender

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-05-08, gplama (aka Bruce)
> > ****spoiler Alert*******

> Darth Vader dies.

And Jar Jar gets decapitated by Anakin when Anakin turns to the Dark
Side ...

Oh wait, that was in the Fans Cut ...

flyingdutch said:
not happy Jan! was just sitting here tryng to checkup on cnews :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bollox, it's been on CN & Sportal for almost 12 hours.

cfsmtb wrote:

> Bollox, it's been on CN & Sportal for almost 12 hours.

More than 24hrs now. You probably don't want to know Schumacher won
stage three & Petacchi is out .

Parbs

cfsmtb said:
Bollox, it's been on CN & Sportal for almost 12 hours.

was your title that confused me. this morning's stage was stage 2 (the 'first' was a TT/prologue), so i thawt you's spoilt the news of Shu's win...

cfsmtb wrote:
> Petacchi still a showpony after all these years! How does he do it? ;)

Showpony? The poor bugger busted his kneecap!

PHP:
Bleve said:
cfsmtb wrote:
> Petacchi still a showpony after all these years! How does he do it? ;)

Showpony? The poor bugger busted his kneecap!
PHP:

no-one said he had to genuflect *that* hard in McEwen's presence:D

And now the Stage 4 sprint as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Robbie!!!!!!

Now just need Mick to come through in the hills, and its gold, gold,
gold for Australia.... :D

Abby