Robbie withdraws

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    I'll bet Tanya Harding had something to do with this.

    Currently in second place on general classification and still considered a favourite for the
    overall, the Lotto-Domo rider from Queensland was philosophical and cautious about the shooting pain
    which truck his left knee while riding in the 1.6km neutral zone of this morning's stage. He
    continued on and rode the first 40km of stage 5, but caution prevailed. As the peloton came back
    into Willunga to finish the first lap, McEwen abandoned the race after speaking with team director
    Henrik Redant.

    Bill C.

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    Can anyone tell I'm seriously bored and physical therapy for a knee blows? Bill C.

  3. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Currently in second place on general classification and still considered a favourite for the
    > overall, the Lotto-Domo rider from Queensland was philosophical and cautious about the shooting
    > pain which truck his left knee while riding in the 1.6km neutral zone of this morning's stage. He
    > continued on and rode the first 40km of stage 5, but caution prevailed. As the peloton came back
    > into Willunga to finish the first lap, McEwen abandoned the race after speaking with team director
    > Henrik Redant.

    Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Cyclist's careers aren't really hampered by
    knee problems.

  4. in article [email protected], Amit at [email protected] wrote
    on 01/25/2003 02:44 PM:

    > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> Currently in second place on general classification and still considered a favourite for the
    >> overall, the Lotto-Domo rider from Queensland was philosophical and cautious about the shooting
    >> pain which truck his left knee while riding in the 1.6km neutral zone of this morning's stage. He
    >> continued on and rode the first 40km of stage 5, but caution prevailed. As the peloton came back
    >> into Willunga to finish the first lap, McEwen abandoned the race after speaking with team
    >> director Henrik Redant.
    >>

    > Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Cyclist's careers aren't really hampered by knee
    > problems.

    Odd ... seems like I recall that all of Jan Ullrich's troubles this past year were related to his
    knee problems ....

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  5. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA58751A.21F9B%[email protected]...
    > in article [email protected], Amit at [email protected] wrote
    > on 01/25/2003 02:44 PM:
    >
    > > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >> Currently in second place on general classification and still considered a favourite for the
    > >> overall, the Lotto-Domo rider from Queensland was philosophical and cautious about the shooting
    > >> pain which truck his left knee while riding in the 1.6km neutral zone of this morning's stage.
    > >> He continued on and rode the first 40km of stage 5, but caution prevailed. As the peloton came
    > >> back into Willunga to finish the first lap, McEwen abandoned the race after speaking with team
    > >> director Henrik Redant.
    > >>

    > > Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Cyclist's careers aren't really hampered by knee
    > > problems.
    >

    > Odd ... seems like I recall that all of Jan Ullrich's troubles this past year were related to his
    > knee problems ....

    I'm thinking that was more of the famous Amit "dry wit" Dave

  6. steve

    steve Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2001
    Messages:
    5,266
    Its better to get on top of a problem like this early right?

    Cheers!