Roberto Heras

C.H. Luu

Guest
Was following the DL and noticed that Heras was no where near the top.
In fact, he finished about 30 minutes off Landaluze's result. Is he
not training properly or has he completely lost it? I thought he was
"supposed to be" a very good climber. However, on the Mt. Ventoux, he
was at the back.

Can he not handle the pressure of being the team leader or would he
rather concentrate on the Vuelta?

Claude

On 15 Jun 2005 11:35:15 -0700, C.H. Luu wrote:
> Can he not handle the pressure of being the team leader or would
> he rather concentrate on the Vuelta?

He is suffering from Postal withdraw symptoms.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

C.H. Luu wrote:
> Was following the DL and noticed that Heras was no where near the top.
> In fact, he finished about 30 minutes off Landaluze's result. Is he
> not training properly or has he completely lost it? I thought he was
> "supposed to be" a very good climber. However, on the Mt. Ventoux, he
> was at the back.
>
> Can he not handle the pressure of being the team leader or would he
> rather concentrate on the Vuelta?

I don't think he knows how to peak in July. He does it pretty well in
September though.

-Sonarrat.

> Was following the DL and noticed that Heras was no where near the top.
> In fact, he finished about 30 minutes off Landaluze's result. Is he
> not training properly or has he completely lost it? I thought he was
> "supposed to be" a very good climber. However, on the Mt. Ventoux, he
> was at the back.
>
> Can he not handle the pressure of being the team leader or would he
> rather concentrate on the Vuelta?
>
> Claude

They won't let him use the triple anymore.

Roberto is a great rider but he generally doesn't come into "real"
condition until theVuelta. Nothing else seems to motivate him as well.

In the Tour he's only had very spotty good days. In 2001 he was only
good for two days (VERY good mind you but still only two days.)

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:

> Roberto is a great rider but he generally doesn't come into "real"
> condition until theVuelta. Nothing else seems to motivate him as well.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/giro99/stage21.html

(he did pretty well in Tour next year)

> In the Tour he's only had very spotty good days. In 2001 he was only
> good for two days (VERY good mind you but still only two days.)

His NA-5-1 in 2000 GT:s is pretty impressive. Does anyone have better
record since?

MJ;

--
..signature necesse est

Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Roberto is a great rider but he generally doesn't come into "real"
>>condition until theVuelta. Nothing else seems to motivate him as well.

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/giro99/stage21.html
>
> (he did pretty well in Tour next year)
>

>>In the Tour he's only had very spotty good days. In 2001 he was only
>>good for two days (VERY good mind you but still only two days.)

> His NA-5-1 in 2000 GT:s is pretty impressive. Does anyone have better
> record since?
>
> MJ;

Using your 'scoring' standard, Francisco Mancebo went NA-6-3 in '04 and
Carlos Sastre went NA-8-6. The best performance including the Giro has
been Totschnig's 5-12-NA in 2003, or if you prefer, Cunego's 1-NA-16 in '04.

-Sonarrat.

sonarrat wrote:
> Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
>
>> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> writes:
>>

>>> Roberto is a great rider but he generally doesn't come into "real"
>>> condition until theVuelta. Nothing else seems to motivate him as well.

>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/giro99/stage21.html
>>
>> (he did pretty well in Tour next year)
>>

>>> In the Tour he's only had very spotty good days. In 2001 he was only
>>> good for two days (VERY good mind you but still only two days.)

>> His NA-5-1 in 2000 GT:s is pretty impressive. Does anyone have better
>> record since?
>>
>> MJ;

> Using your 'scoring' standard, Francisco Mancebo went NA-6-3 in '04 and
> Carlos Sastre went NA-8-6. The best performance including the Giro has
> been Totschnig's 5-12-NA in 2003, or if you prefer, Cunego's 1-NA-16 in
> '04.

Also, Aitor Gonzalez was 6-NA-1 in '02.

sonarrat wrote:
> (...)
> >> His NA-5-1 in 2000 GT:s is pretty impressive. Does anyone have better
> >> record since?
> >>
> >> MJ;

> > Using your 'scoring' standard, Francisco Mancebo went NA-6-3 in '04 and
> > Carlos Sastre went NA-8-6. The best performance including the Giro has
> > been Totschnig's 5-12-NA in 2003, or if you prefer, Cunego's 1-NA-16 in
> > '04.

> Also, Aitor Gonzalez was 6-NA-1 in '02.

Beloki had two GT podiums in 2002.

Jenko

Jenko wrote:
> sonarrat wrote:
>
>>(...)

>>>Using your 'scoring' standard, Francisco Mancebo went NA-6-3 in '04 and
>>>Carlos Sastre went NA-8-6. The best performance including the Giro has
>>>been Totschnig's 5-12-NA in 2003, or if you prefer, Cunego's 1-NA-16 in
>>>'04.

>>Also, Aitor Gonzalez was 6-NA-1 in '02.

> Beloki had two GT podiums in 2002.
>
> Jenko

There's the definitive answer, then..

sonarrat <[email protected]> writes:
> > Beloki had two GT podiums in 2002.

> There's the definitive answer, then..

OK. A bit sad that we have to make do with two podiums when in the
nineties we had at least two double winners...

MJ;

--
..signature necesse est

Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
> sonarrat <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>>Beloki had two GT podiums in 2002.

>>There's the definitive answer, then..

> OK. A bit sad that we have to make do with two podiums when in the
> nineties we had at least two double winners...

- One of whom did the Giro-Tour double two years in a row. Indurain was
not of this planet...

-Sonarrat.