Robinson from Little Town and Low Snab

Ron Barker

Guest
Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
(often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not normally
a problem but I'm taking a relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route require two
arm pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from the summit and
this will be OK.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:09:51 -0000, "Ron Barker"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
>(often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not
>normally a problem but I'm taking a relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route
>require two arm pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from
>the summit and this will be OK.

You can easily carry on up Newlands Beck for a bit and approach the ridge from the east side - which
is what I did a couple of months ago. I haven't been over Low Snab but I couldn't see that any
scrambling was necessary, from a distance.

--

Paul

My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com

>Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
>(often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not
>normally a problem but I'm taking a relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route
>require two arm pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from
>the summit and this will be OK.

I've been been both up & down this route a number of times, although it's about 4 years since my
last time, but I had no difficulty at all.Whilst all four limb extensions may be in use , "pull ups"
will not be necesarry. Dave All Wainwrights completed 74 Walks......763 miles......approx 200,000'
of ascent to complete. At Heysham looking across Morecambe Bay to the Cumbrian Fells

"Ron Barker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
> (often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not
> normally a problem but I'm taking
> relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route require two
arm
> pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from the summit and
> this will be OK.

Been up the route a couple of times and not found the rocky section at the end of High Snab Bank a
problem, although it is better in dry conditions as some of the rocks are shiny. Didn't need to do
any pulling up, just a little extra push with the legs sufficed. These rocks at the end of High Snab
Bank are the only ones on the route too.

--
Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still brings
the same excitement'

Thanks chaps. Got up nicely with one walk around to preserve the poor shoulder. Weather was good.
Excellent 9 mile day returning by Dale Head, High Spy and Maiden Moor.

gui.server.ntli.net...