Robinson from Little Town and Low Snab

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Ron Barker, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Ron Barker

    Ron Barker Guest

    Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
    (often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not normally
    a problem but I'm taking a relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route require two
    arm pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from the summit and
    this will be OK.

    Tags:

  2. Paul Rooney

    Paul Rooney Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:09:51 -0000, "Ron Barker"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
    >(often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not
    >normally a problem but I'm taking a relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route
    >require two arm pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from
    >the summit and this will be OK.

    You can easily carry on up Newlands Beck for a bit and approach the ridge from the east side - which
    is what I did a couple of months ago. I haven't been over Low Snab but I couldn't see that any
    scrambling was necessary, from a distance.

    --

    Paul

    My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

    http://paulrooney.netfirms.com

  3. Dave Brown

    Dave Brown Guest

    >Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
    >(often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not
    >normally a problem but I'm taking a relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route
    >require two arm pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from
    >the summit and this will be OK.

    I've been been both up & down this route a number of times, although it's about 4 years since my
    last time, but I had no difficulty at all.Whilst all four limb extensions may be in use , "pull ups"
    will not be necesarry. Dave All Wainwrights completed 74 Walks......763 miles......approx 200,000'
    of ascent to complete. At Heysham looking across Morecambe Bay to the Cumbrian Fells

  4. "Ron Barker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know this route well? It's one of the few I haven't done. Up the ridge, Wainwright
    > (often over-melodramatic) refers to some rocky bands that need all four limbs attached. Not
    > normally a problem but I'm taking
    > relative with a recovering shoulder injury. Does this route require two
    arm
    > pull ups or can the outcrops be circumnavigated? I know the rest of the walk from the summit and
    > this will be OK.

    Been up the route a couple of times and not found the rocky section at the end of High Snab Bank a
    problem, although it is better in dry conditions as some of the rocks are shiny. Didn't need to do
    any pulling up, just a little extra push with the legs sufficed. These rocks at the end of High Snab
    Bank are the only ones on the route too.

    --
    Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still brings
    the same excitement'

  5. Ron Barker

    Ron Barker Guest

    Thanks chaps. Got up nicely with one walk around to preserve the poor shoulder. Weather was good.
    Excellent 9 mile day returning by Dale Head, High Spy and Maiden Moor.

    gui.server.ntli.net...