Robochallenge questions

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ryan Case, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. Ryan Case

    Ryan Case Guest

    Can anyone participate?

    Do you need to do anything special to become a participant?

    Is there a specific format other than starting/current/goal that needs
    to be included in a post for the robot to pick it up?

    Is there a faq somewhere that covers all these things?

    Ryan

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Ryan Case <[email protected]> wrote:
    :> Can anyone participate?

    yes.

    :>
    :> Do you need to do anything special to become a participant?
    :>

    put the info in your post on this newsgroup.

    :> Is there a specific format other than starting/current/goal that
    :> needs to be included in a post for the robot to pick it up?

    I think so.

    :>
    :> Is there a faq somewhere that covers all these things?
    :>

    dj's website. It's here ...

    http://www.delorie.com/health/adslc/

    :> Ryan

  3. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> writes:
    > :> Is there a specific format other than starting/current/goal that
    > :> needs to be included in a post for the robot to pick it up?
    >
    > I think so.

    Yes, but it's here...

    > dj's website. It's here ...
    >
    > http://www.delorie.com/health/adslc/

    So you got it covered :)

  4. update
    290.5/140.5/137 monthly-goal: 2.5 month-start: 141.5 since: 19/04/2004

  5. piggyback:

    264/234/218 monthly-goal: 7.5 month-start: 234.5 since: 20/07/2005

    -Hollywood, who quotes Humpty Again
    "Anyone can play this game."

  6. Ryan Case

    Ryan Case Guest

    So then something like would work, no?

    --
    295/280/225 monthly-goal: 10 month-start: 285 since: 12/9/05

  7. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

  8. piggybacking

    290.5/138.5/137 monthly-goal: 2.5 month-start: 141.5 since: 19/04/2004

  9. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} <[email protected]> writes:
    > piggybacking

    Think of the robochallenge as an excuse to post often :)

    Would there be any benefit to having the robochallenge post any of its
    information here? I'm thinking, weekly summaries, start-of-month
    reminders, and end-of-month results.

    It will also give people something legitimate to piggyback on :)

  10. In the olden days (of 2003 ;-),

    the person who ran the challenge that has been replaced by the
    robo-challenge would do a start of month signup post, and end of month
    result request post, and I think some kind of post that summarized.

    I don't know if all that is neccessary, but a start-of-month and an
    end-of-month would be cool, IMHO.

    -Hollywood

    DJ Delorie wrote:
    > Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} <[email protected]> writes:
    > > piggybacking

    > Think of the robochallenge as an excuse to post often :)
    >
    > Would there be any benefit to having the robochallenge post any of its
    > information here? I'm thinking, weekly summaries, start-of-month
    > reminders, and end-of-month results.
    >
    > It will also give people something legitimate to piggyback on :)

  11. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    "Max Hollywood Harris" <[email protected]> writes:
    > the person who ran the challenge

    Carol Ann

    > that has been replaced by the robo-challenge would do a start of
    > month signup post, and end of month result request post, and I think
    > some kind of post that summarized.

    So far, others have managed that for me :)

    > I don't know if all that is neccessary, but a start-of-month and an
    > end-of-month would be cool, IMHO.

    I'll add it to my to do list, but at the moment it's nowhere near the
    top :p