Rock Racing to employ the Vulcan Mind Meld

thoughtforfood

Jul 24, 2007
http://www.velonews.com/article/72896

"You see Kayle" <Spock quickly grabs him, and places his hand on his face like so>:

mind-meld.jpg

limerickman said:
very good.

"You will believe, damn you..........YOU WILL BELIEVE"
You know, I posted thinking the mind meld worked both ways. Am I correct in that? I mean, it would seem that he would both know and be able to influence, but I be a little confused on the mechanics of the Vulcan Mind Meld.

thoughtforfood said:
You know, I posted thinking the mind meld worked both ways. Am I correct in that? I mean, it would seem that he would both know and be able to influence, but I be a little confused on the mechanics of the Vulcan Mind Meld.

Both parties are affected, if my memory as a Trekker serves me well. Could be different in the Spock era though. I'm fan of Picard, not Kirk.

hawkeye87 said:
Both parties are affected, if my memory as a Trekker serves me well. Could be different in the Spock era though. I'm fan of Picard, not Kirk.
We had a drinking game in college based on the original, so I have a soft spot for it. Plus I used to watch that and MASH with my mom religiously.

Wow! Rock racing has an internal doping control progam. They must be clean just like Slipstream.

fscyclist said:
Wow! Rock racing has an internal doping control progam. They must be clean just like Slipstream.
The drumbeat against doping must be getting pretty loud if Ball and Bruyneel have both been forced to put (bogus) programs in place. What's next? Will Armstrong speak against doping.

Bro Deal said:
The drumbeat against doping must be getting pretty loud if Ball and Bruyneel have both been forced to put (bogus) programs in place. What's next? Will Armstrong speak against doping.
Armstrong's always spoken out and acted against dopers. He was so ****** at Simeoni for doping that he chased him down in the TdF. How can you forget these things, Bro?

fscyclist said:
Armstrong's always spoken out and acted against dopers. He was so ****** at Simeoni for doping that he chased him down in the TdF. How can you forget these things, Bro?
Good God! Lance is a superhero now? Fighting the cycling world against doping? Get a grip.

Lance chaced down that rider in the TDF because he was talking about Dr. Ferrarri and doping, inferring that Lance, as a Ferrarri client, probably doped too.

That is why Lance chased him down. It was plain and pure bully intimidation to shut him up.

If you are going to spout about things, get your facts straight. Even Versus clarified the incident in their coverage.

fscyclist said:
Probably he forgot Bassons too.

Who can better speak against doping than a man who has a book named "LA confidential" !

hawkeye87 said:
Good God! Lance is a superhero now? Fighting the cycling world against doping? Get a grip.

Lance chaced down that rider in the TDF because he was talking about Dr. Ferrarri and doping, inferring that Lance, as a Ferrarri client, probably doped too.

That is why Lance chased him down. It was plain and pure bully intimidation to shut him up.

If you are going to spout about things, get your facts straight. Even Versus clarified the incident in their coverage.
The facts are straight and well documented. Lance was irate that a known doper like Simeoni was off in a break while the rest of the clean riders struggled to hold a wheel. So he bridged up to Simeoni, proving once again that a clean rider can still school a doper, and made him come back to the pack by threatening to make him wear a yellow bracelet. Rewatch the stage in it's entirety, you'll see this is the way it went down.

fscyclist said:
The facts are straight and well documented. Lance was irate that a known doper like Simeoni was off in a break while the rest of the clean riders struggled to hold a wheel. So he bridged up to Simeoni, proving once again that a clean rider can still school a doper, and made him come back to the pack by threatening to make him wear a yellow bracelet. Rewatch the stage in it's entirety, you'll see this is the way it went down.
Personally I liked the part when Ekimov spat at Simeoni's wheel. Show them damn dopers who's boss.

fscyclist said:
So, you're suggesting that LA was clean? :rolleyes:

Leafer said:
Personally I liked the part when Ekimov spat at Simeoni's wheel. Show them damn dopers who's boss.

Not to mention the "zipped lips" gesture by Lance, as in, "stop ingesting those doping products."

Some of the posts are worthy of, dare I say it, Jeff Vadar (and I mean that in a complementary way).

fscyclist said:
Wow! I was not willing to believe in the stupidity of the Lance fans. I used to be one.

It is amazing that what you call facts are simply not.

Or perhaps, instead, you are just a troll that needs to go back under the bridge.

Regardless, for people who actually believe your post, here is one of many accounts from a reliable source:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/07/24/1090464904320.html