Rock Racing to employ the Vulcan Mind Meld

hawkeye87 said:
Wow! I was not willing to believe in the stupidity of the Lance fans. I used to be one.

It is amazing that what you call facts are simply not.

Or perhaps, instead, you are just a troll that needs to go back under the bridge.

Regardless, for people who actually believe your post, here is one of many accounts from a reliable source:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/07/24/1090464904320.html
Look, you're just one of these new Anti-Lance fans who just started following cycling since Lance retired. I've been following cycling since 1999, the year LA won his first tour. There's only one race in cycling that matters and that's the Tour day france. Those are the facts, man, get it straight.

WTF is this talk about trolls and bridges? This isn't a Lord of the Rings Forum, it's a cycling forum. Get with the program.

hawkeye87 said:
Wow! I was not willing to believe in the stupidity of the Lance fans. I used to be one.

It is amazing that what you call facts are simply not.

Or perhaps, instead, you are just a troll that needs to go back under the bridge.

Regardless, for people who actually believe your post, here is one of many accounts from a reliable source:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/07/24/1090464904320.html

Hawk, as alluded to in the posts above, you are being messed with.

fscyclist said:
Look, you're just one of these new Anti-Lance fans who just started following cycling since Lance retired. I've been following cycling since 1999, the year LA won his first tour. There's only one race in cycling that matters and that's the Tour day france. Those are the facts, man, get it straight.
I know I am getting my leg pulled, but I would like to clarify a few things.

The only race I really paid attention to was the Tour. So, I would agree with you that the Tour de France is the race. But that was not argued by me, anyway.

I would watch the Olympics races as I like watching the Olympics (both winter and summer events).

I would keep track of some of the Tours even back to the days of Greg LeMond and tracked Indurain's run of 5.

But, I honestly did not follow the Tour day-by-day religiously until 2004 when I CHEERED for Lance. I cheered for him in 2005, too. I watched that incident as it unfolded on TV. Well, I watched it later on tape as I recorded it during work.

Since Lance's retirement and all the doping issues that sent everything spinning in 2006 and 2007, I started doing a little more reading and trying to understand things. I would still say Lance is a phenomenol cyclist but I would also say he could not have won 7 tours without doping. None of the other dopers who won the thing won 7 in a row.

But his arrogance and self-righteousness have gotten to me so I would no longer consider myself to be a fan. I know why he won't admit to it. He has too much at stake. He would lose some of the titles due to statute of limitations and all that he has done for the fight for cancer would be severely tarnished.

Oh, finally, I know it is misleading with my username, but I am a woman, not a man. I'm a Hawkeye alumn and it is a username I have used for a long time.

hawkeye87 said:
Oh, finally, I know it is misleading with my username, but I am a woman, not a man. I'm a Hawkeye alumn and it is a username I have used for a long time.
Yeah another chick, welcome aboard.

hawkeye87 said:
Yeah, I'm with earth_dweller in welcoming another chick...you're welcome over to our social BS thread, "This forum is dying" stickied on this, the GT forum. We just call it the FID....and we call earth_dweller Edie, BTW...nobody knew we were girls either! Suffice to say they do now...;)

Anyway over there you can post anything you want. Don't be shy.