Rock Shox Indy S

G Dickson

Guest
I have a 4-5 yr old bike with the above front fork...... it's OK for light riding, but is past it's
best now.....

Looking to replace it with a Marzocchi 2003 MX Comp Air which is a 1.1/8" header (or is it
steerer... never quite sure...)

Does anybody know the dimensions of the Rock Shox..... is it a straight replacement or will this
replacement not work for me

Thanks in advance

G Dickson wrote:
> I have a 4-5 yr old bike with the above front fork...... it's OK for light riding, but is past
> it's best now.....
>
> Looking to replace it with a Marzocchi 2003 MX Comp Air which is a 1.1/8" header (or is it
> steerer... never quite sure...)
>
> Does anybody know the dimensions of the Rock Shox..... is it a straight replacement or will this
> replacement not work for me
>
> Thanks in advance

What is the make, model, and year of the bike?

It's a Carerra Fury (Halfords UK).... either 98 or 99 (can't remember exactly)

"Rich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> G Dickson wrote:
> > I have a 4-5 yr old bike with the above front fork...... it's OK for
light
> > riding, but is past it's best now.....
> >
> > Looking to replace it with a Marzocchi 2003 MX Comp Air which is a
1.1/8"
> > header (or is it steerer... never quite sure...)
> >
> > Does anybody know the dimensions of the Rock Shox..... is it a straight replacement or will this
> > replacement not work for me
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> What is the make, model, and year of the bike?

"G Dickson" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> It's a Carerra Fury (Halfords UK).... either 98 or 99 (can't remember exactly)

It probably has a 1 1/8" steerer tube. I also have an old indy (C, even worse) and it has about 3
namometers of travel. You might first wanto to take a look at how that that Marzochi (80 or 100mm?)
is going to affect your geometry.

-Dave

I take it you mean clearance at the front of the bike...... if the shock will lift the front of the
bike higher off the ground.

"Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "G Dickson" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]...
> > It's a Carerra Fury (Halfords UK).... either 98 or 99 (can't remember exactly)
> >

> It probably has a 1 1/8" steerer tube. I also have an old indy (C, even worse) and it has about 3
> namometers of travel. You might first wanto to take a look at how that that Marzochi (80 or
> 100mm?) is going to affect
your
> geometry.
>
> -Dave

G Dickson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I take it you mean clearance at the front of the bike...... if the shock will lift the front of
> the bike higher off the ground.

Aye - that's what he means alright. If your new fork is longer than the old one (from crown to axle
mount), your steering will feel different - more sluggish to steer at lower speeds, but more stable
at higher speeds (less twitchy). Look for something the same or very similar to your old fork if you
don't desire this.

Shaun aRe - but what do I know? Heheheheh ',;~}~