Rock Shox Pro Deluxe

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by M_Blood, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. M_Blood

    M_Blood New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Question for anyone who knows anything about this shock. I ordered a stiffer spring from my LBS and today when I picked it up the only difference I noticed in it is it is red, and my original is black. Both springs have 500 x 2.00 printed on them. Do these numbers signify how stiff the spring is or is it color coded like Rock Shox fork springs?

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "M_Blood" <no"trueblood"[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Question for anyone who knows anything about this shock. I ordered a stiffer spring from my LBS
    > and today when I picked it up the only difference I noticed in it is it is red, and my original is
    > black. Both springs have 500 x 2.00 printed on them. Do these numbers signify how stiff the spring
    > is or is it color coded like Rock Shox fork springs?

    It's not stiffer, just a different color. The '500x2.00' means it's a
    500lb/inch spring with a 2 inch stroke. If you want a heavier spring you have to increase the first
    number. Say 650x2.00.

    Mike

  3. M_Blood

    M_Blood New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    It's not stiffer, just a different color. The '500x2.00' means it's a
    500lb/inch spring with a 2 inch stroke. If you want a heavier spring you have to increase the first
    number. Say 650x2.00.

    Mike [/B][/QUOTE]

    Thanks..thats exactly what I thought also. I havent picked up the spring just yet, am still waiting for the front springs, but I will make sure to get the right one for my weight. What would you recommend for a 200lb rider? 650 or what?