Rock sues Tour of Georgia

Aquamarinos said:
I found this part interesting:

"Following the court hearing, Rock Racing initially confirmed to Cyclingnews that they were in the Tour de Georgia; however, the team's spokesperson Martine Charles later said its report was inaccurate and that the Rock Racing team is presently being considered to occupy the final spot in the Tour de Georgia, left vacant by Saunier Duval-Scott's withdrawal."

The first statement is the kind of audacity Ball is reputed for - do you think the "initial confirmation" came from him?

thunder said:
Rock would luv this, he does not mind paying 10 grand in lawyers fees, look at all the free publicity he is getting.
Yes... and the wonderful relationships and friends he is making for the long term... :rolleyes:

Interesting that Saunier pulled out of the Tour of Georgia. Wonder if the injury issue was just an excuse. Although Scott is a US firm so probably the team would not try to harm their relationship with a major sponsor...

... apparently I just answered my own question... :eek:

earth_dweller said:
okay, who else believes that Rock/Ball paid off Saunier Duval to stay home?
yep, me. We will probably see some SD riders wearing certain jeans in the future...

Powerful Pete said:
Interesting that Saunier pulled out of the Tour of Georgia. Wonder if the injury issue was just an excuse. Although Scott is a US firm so probably the team would not try to harm their relationship with a major sponsor...

... apparently I just answered my own question... :eek:
Scott kicked in more money this year too, so they would not be content if not extenuating circumstances

thunder said:
Scott kicked in more money this year too, so they would not be content if not extenuating circumstances
Sounds like the official reason may then be... the real reason.

Powerful Pete said:
Sounds like the official reason may then be... the real reason.
Not so sure, from velonews article, quoting the Scott guy:
Montgomery said that, for the American bike sponsor, the Tour de Georgia was a “great race and does good for our national marketing push,” but added that he had asked the team to prioritize the Amgen Tour of California and September’s Tour of Missouri.

If the team received an invitation to the Tour de Georgia, Montgomery said, “I told them they should come over ... if they could.”

oh yeah, euros were exchanged.

Somebody at Velonews needs some geography lessons:
With Saunier Duval’s withdrawal, the Tour de Georgia will now host only four foreign teams — Astana (Luxembourg), CSC (Denmark), Gerolsteiner (Germany) and GE-Marco Polo-Trek (China).
there are 5 'foreign' teams invited, Symmetrics from Canada is in.

earth_dweller said:
Not so sure, from velonews article, quoting the Scott guy:
Montgomery said that, for the American bike sponsor, the Tour de Georgia was a “great race and does good for our national marketing push,” but added that he had asked the team to prioritize the Amgen Tour of California and September’s Tour of Missouri.

If the team received an invitation to the Tour de Georgia, Montgomery said, “I told them they should come over ... if they could.”

oh yeah, euros were exchanged.

With Saunier Duval’s withdrawal, the Tour de Georgia will now host only four foreign teams — Astana (Luxembourg), CSC (Denmark), Gerolsteiner (Germany) and GE-Marco Polo-Trek (China).
Canada, that is like northern NY or something right? I mean really....

earth_dweller said:
Astana is in Luxembourg???