rockshock vs marzocchi

Originally posted by will1988
Tell me about what you think off the forks u ride with.

I currently ride with the stock fork on my Trek 4300, an InSync Grind 323. I know that it's ****, and it feels like it too. So I will be upgrading to a Marzocci in the near future. Have some models in mind, but I am not completly sure.

Overall, I have heard that Marzocci is a whole lot better than RockShox, but any of those would beat the InSync 323 on my bike. If I were to choose between the two, I would definitely choose Marzocci.

This is a rather pointless comparison as RS and Marz don't exactly even make forks that compete for the same purpose. RS mainly builds very light weight racing forks such as the SID for XC and Boxxers for DH. Marzocchi is more freeride and big hit oriented making extremely beefy and heavy forks. If I were building a light race bike or similar I'd probbaly pick Rock Shox.

I have a Marzocchi MXR 29 on my 2002 Gary Fisher Mt. Tam_29. I ride it stiff because I'm fairly heavy, but I can adjust it to be as squishy as I want.

'03 Marzocchi Z-1 QR 20 are on my bike right now. I've also ridden '01 Z3 QR 20s, and '97 Z-2s on past bikes. I really liked the Sherman line by Manitou when I had the chance to check them out. Enjoy.

K.

Currently riding stock, rst crappas, will upgrade to marzocchi just as soon as I can.

I currently ride with Stock SR Suntour(**** stupid heavy the list goes on)But i'm getting my RS Duke Sl U-Turn fork on monday...

Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2 on Kona Kikapu. Stole it from a guy in exchange for roller blades. Anyway blows away the rock shox Pilot that was on it originally. No comparison. Marzocchi feels plusher yet still seems to have more control than all of the above. Also depends on the kind of riding you do.

Originally posted by philav
Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2 on Kona Kikapu. Stole it from a guy in exchange for roller blades. Anyway blows away the rock shox Pilot that was on it originally. No comparison. Marzocchi feels plusher yet still seems to have more control than all of the above. Also depends on the kind of riding you do.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison there. Of course a DJ will be far smoother and stiffer than a Pilot. ;)