Rockshox budget

bluntmeister

Mar 13, 2007
I've got roughly 60 - 80 quid to spend on a pair of forks, are the rockshox dart 2 2007 model any good? I do a fair bit of light occasionally quite rough cross country. Are there any other better budget forks?

I would look at some of the other brands on the market other than Rock Shox. Check out some of the reviews on mtbr.com and ask around to see what people have had luck with.

fury4 said:
I would look at some of the other brands on the market other than Rock Shox. Check out some of the reviews on mtbr.com and ask around to see what people have had luck with.

Rockshox from 05 onwards (might be 04) when they were taken over by SRAM will be good value for money and generally a good product. However, you will probably find that you have to spend over £100 to get anything worthwhile. You would probably find that if you stretched your budget to a low end set of rockshox toras (somewhere around the £130 mark), you would have a fork that was worth having. Prety much any fork under 3100 is junk and will have major weight/durability issues and generally wont be evry good. Some of the stuff in the £100 to £250 range is actually very very good and the biggest penalty over the really pricey stuff (£300+) is weight, adjustability and all round stiffness.