Rockshox Judy TT?

Anyone have any experience with this fork? It seems my options in 1"
steerer are currently the cheap RST stuff, one of these NOS from a LBS
or upwards of $650 for something high-end. MTBR reviews this say it's
heavy & poorly handling, but I don't have a lot of faith in the
reviews over there. Any input appreciated from anyone that's ridden
one of these, or has seen one in action.

Thanks,

Dan

On Jun 18, 3:09 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with this fork? It seems my options in 1"
> steerer are currently the cheap RST stuff, one of these NOS from a LBS
> or upwards of $650 for something high-end. MTBR reviews this say it's
> heavy & poorly handling, but I don't have a lot of faith in the
> reviews over there. Any input appreciated from anyone that's ridden
> one of these, or has seen one in action.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Have a Judy TT with a 1 1/8" steerer on a K2, 100 mm of travel. Have
had it a couple of years with a couple of thousand miles on it. It
works fine. Can't complain about the handling. Its a little on the
stiff side, and as most low end forks weighs well over 4 Lbs. The fork
has a spring on one side with a preload adjuster, and rubber bumpers
on the bottom of both legs. It is easy to take apart for service. Rock
Shock has a .pdf manual on their web site. The fork is grease lubed. I
found it works best to get some grease spread in between the upper and
lower bushings down the inside of the slider legs. When mine came it
just had a ring of grease above the top bushing below the seal.
Because it is grease lubed it gets stiffer in cold weather in the
winter. Rock Shox makes a grease called Judy Butter for it, but I have
lubed mine with Krytox GPL 226 100% teflon grease. I do cross country
riding, not downhill, and the fork is holding up OK.

On Jun 18, 4:18 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 18, 3:09 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any experience with this fork? It seems my options in 1"
> > steerer are currently the cheap RST stuff, one of these NOS from a LBS
> > or upwards of $650 for something high-end. MTBR reviews this say it's
> > heavy & poorly handling, but I don't have a lot of faith in the
> > reviews over there. Any input appreciated from anyone that's ridden
> > one of these, or has seen one in action.

> > Thanks,

> > Dan

> Have a Judy TT with a 1 1/8" steerer on a K2, 100 mm of travel. Have
> had it a couple of years with a couple of thousand miles on it. It
> works fine. Can't complain about the handling. Its a little on the
> stiff side, and as most low end forks weighs well over 4 Lbs. The fork
> has a spring on one side with a preload adjuster, and rubber bumpers
> on the bottom of both legs. It is easy to take apart for service. Rock
> Shock has a .pdf manual on their web site. The fork is grease lubed. I
> found it works best to get some grease spread in between the upper and
> lower bushings down the inside of the slider legs. When mine came it
> just had a ring of grease above the top bushing below the seal.
> Because it is grease lubed it gets stiffer in cold weather in the
> winter. Rock Shox makes a grease called Judy Butter for it, but I have
> lubed mine with Krytox GPL 226 100% teflon grease. I do cross country
> riding, not downhill, and the fork is holding up OK.

Thanks for the feedback. Well over 4lbs scares me a bit for this
bike, but so does an RST fork. The Judy may be the call.